Chapter thirty

As soon as the two of them ate breakfast they walked into their classroom, sitting by each other as they waited for the bell to ring. Y/n ran a hand through her hair, her breath hitching as she watched Tom walk through the door. The dream, it had felt so real. But yet she couldn't believe is wasn't real. She had so many questions as to why she decided to dream about Tom like that when she had never thought about having sex with him. The two 6th years made eye contact with each other, y/n knew her cheeks were turning a slight shade of pink by the minute so she soon lowered her head and pretended to read the paper infront of her. Jessica watched y/n's movements, studying her, "something wrong?" 

Y/n looked up and over at Jess, "hm?" she responded with a hum, knowing full well she couldn't just blurt out the fact she had a wet dream about Hogwarts most prized student. Jessica leaned back in her chair, "something seems to be bothering you." she pointed out. Y/n shook her head, "nothing's the matter, I'm just thinking to myself." Y/n had tried to cover it up, but Jessica was her best friend, she knew something was up and was dedicated to figuring it out. Jessica nodded, "ah, so you weren't moaning Tom's name in your sleep last night then. alright" she began to write down notes from the board and the bell rung. 

Y/n leaned down closer to the desk, "wait, you heard that?" she asked, Jessica looked at her and nodded with a smirk, "clear as day" she brought her head and and slouched in her chair, "i woke up to use the bathroom and you were saying his name like crazy. Damn, y/n, were you actually dreaming about Riddle?" She asked with a slight bitter laugh. Y/n sighed, "okay, okay, i was, please just don't tell anyone" She pleaded. Jessica shrugged, "okay, I wont tell anyone, only because you're my best friend. Just take my advice for once okay? you don't want to become romantically involved with him.  kay? hes not the best person to be with let alone marry, and you're from the future! won't that fuck up the timeline or something?" She asked, Y/n shrugged, "Dumbledore didn't exactly tell me all the rules to time travel" She said, "maybe we can find out at the library after school" y/n suggested. Jessica nodded and continued to take notes. 

Once class had ended Y/n had waited for Jessica by the door of her class, Jessica grabbed her things and began making her way to Y/n, The two went down to the library, "good thing we have a bit of time till next period" Jessica mumbled as they walked in, Y/n put her hands in her robe pockets, "lets just get the book and get out of here." she replied. Jessica nodded, "any spells on finding a book faster?" She asked, hopeful. Y/n shook her head, "I don't think so, there's Accio, but we need to know the name of the book for that one." she replied. Jessica gave a little frown, Y/n flashed a small smile, "don't worry, we'll find it, maybe if we ask the librarian she'll know? we'll just tell her were curious." Y/n stated. 

Jessica nodded, "ill go ask, you look around." Jessica went up the the desk and stood behind a Ravenclaw student, Y/n walked around the corner to the science section and began looking at the books she could reach, Without paying attention she bumped into the last person she would expect to see in a library, she turned to the boy infront of her, "long time no see, L/n" His signature smirk placed on his face,  she looked up at the y/h boy, "why isn't is Claude WolfClaw, its been a while, hasn't it?" she leaned on the bookcase and crossed her arms. he nodded, "indeed it has, my presence at Hogwarts is usually limited at the start of the year due to my family's work." he added. Y/n rose an eyebrow, "oh that's why you haven't been around, i was starting to question where you went" she replied. Claude rose his own eyebrow, "oh really? that's very flattering, i would of course ask you on a date after that but there's been a rumor going around about you and Mr. Riddle." 

"i must admit, the rumor you speak of is true" she replied, keeping her arms crossed, "and if you were to ask me out i would but of course politely decline." Y/n added. Claude ran a hand through his hair, "is there any way i ca get you to maybe change your mind?" He took one step closer to her.

"you can start by leaving her alone." a voice rang from behind them, Jessica stepped from behind the bookcase, "Riddle and l/n are an adorable couple, and i myself will go straight to Tom and tell him you're trying to take his girl she crossed her arms. Claude looked over, "nice to see you too Jessica" He smiled politely, "that smile isn't going to work on me, pretty boy." 

Claude sighed and shook his head, "very well then, i will see you later then, l/n." he told her and walked past the two, giving Jessica a dead stare, which she gladly returned. As soon as he turned the corner Jessica handed her a book that said, "Time travel guide" then smiled, "they had it at the front desk so she just gave it to me" she told her. Y/n nodded, "well, we should probably get to our next class, ill keep the book and when lunch rolls around we'll meet there" 

Jessica nodded and walked to her class, Y/n placed the book in her pile of stuff and walked to her next class with her books in hand. She walked into the classroom and took a seat. Sighing to herself as they started the lesson, she found herself pulling out her newly found book and began to read. 

before she knew it, the bell had rung and when she looked up the class was already out of the door. she packed up and walked out, it was her free period so she began making her way to the courtyard to chill out there. instead of going to the courtyard y/n found herself going to the black lake. by the time she got there she noticed the brown haired male, Tom stood infront of the lake, he turned around when he heard her stepping up behind him. The male stared, "oh, its you" 

Y/n stepped up to him, "yeah? is something wrong?" she asked. Tom shook his head, he walked closer to her, "no its just-" he placed his hand on the time turner that hung around her neck, "this is a pretty necklace" he stated. She nodded, "yeah i got it as a gift" she smiled but when she looked up it dropped when he wasn't giving her that smirk back, he let go of the necklace, "i know what it is, and i know why you're here, I didn't want to believe Ixius, but after doing a little more digging, i finally realized what you're doing here, you're trying to stop me from becoming the dark lord, aren't you?" his hand went down to where he kept his wand. 

Y/n's eyes widened, "Tom i do-"

Tom grabbed his want and help it to her neck, "don't lie to me!" he spat, Y/n was trying to think of something to say before she sighed, "fine, i did come here to stop you, at first, but I genuinely want to be together" she smiled, "I love you, Tom Riddle. I know those are just words to you but its up to you to believe me" 

Tom gripped his wand, "I cant love a traitor." 

"Avada-"

"Tom wait!" Y/n gripped her necklace before a white light flashed infront of her, Y/n opened her eyes and looked around, "what?" she asked, Before she could say anything else she heard yelling, "Y/n!" she turned around and was engulfed in hugs by her three friends, "oh y/n! you're back!" Hermione cried.

"did you stop him?" Dumbledore's voice rang out, "no, he found out, he was about to kill me." she felt as if she was gonna burst into tears, Dumbledore frowned, "its alright, Miss L/n, but that means that the final battle is closer than it appears, we must be ready." he replied. 

"of course professor" Harry replied, Y/n turned to her friends, "we have a lot to talk about."