Chapter twenty-six

Y/n stood there, watching him with an alarmed glint her eyes, debating if she should say something or just walk out and ignore life, Sure, Ixius wasnt exactly the best person, But did he really deserve to die? Especially by the hands of Tom. Y/n tried steady her breathing as Tom waited there, right hand intertwined with his left hand, placing his hands in front of him as he waited for a response. Y/n ran a hand through her hair, "well? what do you want me to say? thank you?" she crossed her arms, "he did nothing, he didnt deserve it." Tom stared at her, "are you sure?" he stepped closer to her, "he was planning to kill me, not to mention he tried to come onto you, better to eliminate him before you could do any real damage." Tom replied, placing some hair behind her ear. 

Y/n jerked back, "you could have just, scared him? you killed a man, Tom." she looked away, Tom sighed, "i did this for us, now he wont be in the way, he wont try to stop me." he stated, turning away and walking to the railing of the Astronomy tower looking up at the dark sky. Tom sighed, "perhaps i..over reacted." 

Y/n rose an eyebrow and walked beside him, "over reacted? Tom, you killed an innocent man." she replied, Tom turned to her and gave her a glare, he turned his back to her, "why are you even defending him?" he asked before turning back to her, "after all hes done? hes not innocent, i read his mind, he was going to kill me. Not to mention he had his heart set on trying to get you! i wasnt about to let that happen." Tom told her, "not to me, and definitely not to you." he replied.

"he was evil."

y/n looked at him in disbelief, "and you're not?" she scoffed, "have you forgotten that you killed a girl inside of the bathroom?" she pointed to the door, "and that YOU framed Hagrid?" Y/n knew exactly what she was saying, she meant it. How could Tom, think everyone is evil? when HE is the one that started this, Ixius wouldn't even be here if he would have just had taken the right path. if you think about Tom is just extremely narcissistic. doesnt care about anybody, only if it can cause him to gain more power. Tom killed myrtle, framed Hagrid, then killed Ixius. 

Ixius was right, he isnt going to change, and possibly never will. She had to talk to Hermione, ask what to do. Ask them to talk to Dumbledore, not only is that a major rip in the timeline, but he killed someone from a different time, Ixius is never going to exist in 1997. people are going to forget about him, his parents are not going to have a child. His presence, totally gone. Not a trace that he ever existed in their timeline. When someone looks him up in the old newspapers in the library, they wont find anything but a single old file from 1944, about the tragic death of Ixius kaye and Hogwarts; school of witchcraft and wizardry. When they read the file, no suspects will ever be apprehended by authorities, because the main suspect will never be caught, the main suspect standing right here, in front of y/n, waiting for her response for this issue. 

Y/n slowly retreated to the stairwell of the astronomy tower, not breaking eye contact with the boy. Her breathing slowly quickened, "i just- I need to think." was all the got out, she turned to the staircase and made her way down them. She had to tell somebody, she couldnt tell Jessica, no matter how good of friends they were, Jessica would immediately go to headmaster Dippet. Amos would do the same. She had to talk to Hermione and the boys, they would know what to do. they would talk to Dumbledore about the incident, Dumbledore would know what to do.  

Eventually Y/n made it to her Dorm room, Fortunately, it was empty, no one was in sight. Y/n slipped the book from under her pillow and opened it, quickly opened up her ink and dipping her quill into the ink and writing.

"Hermione? guys?" 

the ink disappeared into the pages, y/n sat there in the quite room, the room was lit dimly due to the candles that hung from the wall. Y/n started growing impatient and closed the book, she let out a frustrating sigh, slipping the book back under her pillow. If they couldn't talk, then who could she talk to? talking to headmaster Dippet would only put Tom in danger with the ministry. she couldnt talk to professor Dumbledore because he doesn't know whats going on. She simply had to wait for an answer, and hope the book doesnt go off while shes out of her dorm room. Wouldnt want anyone snooping. 

Y/n ran a hand through her hair and walked out of the common room, slipping past other students who was also making there way to where they needed to be. Right now, everyone needed to be in the Great hall as it was Dinner time. Dippet wasn't exactly fond on students who didnt attend dinner as it was tradition. As y/n made her way to the Hufflepuff table she couldnt help but feel an eerie presence watching her, she looked behind her but no one. someone was watching her.