Chapter Twenty

y/n groaned at the list of things in front of her, "remind me why I have to do this again? I already know everything" she mumbled to herself, "maybe because we actually have to do the work, knowing it or not" Some guy beside her mumbled back. Y/n rose an eyebrow and looked at the boy, "oh? and do you know how to create such a demented potion?" she asked, leaning her head in her hand, the boy shrugged, "doesn't seem that hard, I mean, were supposed to be working together right? with both of our brains combines I'm sure we'll make it work" he replied. Y/n nodded, "alright then, lets get onto it. well, first things first, I'm going to need the name of this glorious Wizard" she replied. The young Wizard smirked at her, he held out a hand, "Ixius Kaye, may i ask the name of this Delightful which or am i stepping too far to the edge?" he looked at her, Y/n giggled and shook his hand, "Y/n L/n at your service" she smiled. 

Ixius nodded, "alright, now that we're buddy buddy, why don't we make that potion yeah?" he asked, y/n nodded and looked at their cauldron, "lets do this" she picked up her book that had the ingredients inside of it, "what do we need first?" Ixius asked, looking over the girls shoulder, Y/n skimmed her finger along the lines, "powdered root of Asphodel" she replied, she turned to face him, "what the hell is that?" he asked, Y/n chuckled, "my dear boy, you have a lot to learn here" she replied, "okay, well, you obviously learned a lot in the time of you being here." he replied, Y/n tilted her head, "yes, well half of the stuff they teach us here I've Already learned from Beauxbatons, so I'm kind of already an expert in potions if i would say so myself" she replied. 

Ixius rose an eyebrow, "no, I'm saying, you've learned a lot about the past, since you're obviously not from here." he replied. Y/n looked away and walked over to get the ingredients, Ixius followed her, she turned around to face him after getting everything they needed, "I have no idea what you're talking about, my name is Y/n L/n and I am a transfer here at Hogwarts" she replied, walking back over to the desk to continue to work on their potion. Ixius rolled his eyes, "you're name is Y/n L/n and you're from Hogwarts, but from 1997. Dumbledore sent me here, to make sure you do your job." he replied, "Apparently Dumbledore underestimated how smart you were, he said you would have sought me out right here" he chuckled. 

Y/n looked at him, "you're from my time?" she asked, Ixius nodded, "yup, Dumbledore sent me here about a month after you came, so people don't get suspicious, I mean, two transfers in the same week would have brought attention to us even more and you out of all people know we cant have that, can we?" Ixius asked. Y/n nodded and looked up at him, "certainly not," she replied, Ixius hummed in response, "of course you told your friends, then Tom found out." he replied, Y/n face dropped, "how'd you figure that out?" she turned to him, Ixius smirked, "Y/n, my darling, I know everything, there was a reason Dumbledore sent me ya know, he wouldn't just send anybody." he replied. 

Y/n got back to making the potion, "we can talk about this after class okay? right now we just have to focus on the potion and get through the class, i have my free period next, we can talk then" she replied, stirring the potion. Ixius scoffed, "if lover boy doesn't swoop you off your feet, his boy scouts are already looking over here as we speak. We either talk about this now or were never going to." he replied, he looked up and started to add the Juice of Sopophorous Bean. Y/n rolled her eyes and finished stirring the potion, as soon as they finished y/n rose her hand, "Professor Slughorn? Mr. Kaye and I are done" she said. The Professor checked their potion, "Great Job Mrs. L/n and Mr. Kaye, 10 points to both Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw" he smiled and walked to his desk. Y/n smiled back before turning to Ixius and crossing her arms, "talk."

"I already know that you're here to stop Riddle from becoming, you know who, but I'm just here to make sure you're doing it correctly." he replied, Y/n rose an eyebrow, "Dumbledore just told me about how I was supposed to fall in love with him" she replied, Ixius nodded, "and that's where I come in, you get him to his weakest point, Bring him to the Astronomy tower and i strike, then we leave, back to London 1997, leaving Mr. Riddle in the dust, dark and alone" he replied. Y/n took a step back, "wait, wait, wait. you're going to kill him?" she asked, causing a small hum to leave Ixius' mouth, "i never agreed to that, no way" she replied, turning around, Ixius frowned, "aw, my poor y/n, should have known, you fell for the charming head boy" he chuckled, "sad really, you two could have actually grown up to have a family together, but you cant. He's supposed to be in Azkaban as we speak, he framed Hagrid, he killed your best friends parents and your boyfriend, who may i remind you, you were engaged to and were going to get married to when you left Hogwarts, are you really going to let him take that from you?" he asked.

Y/n stopped, "how did you.."

"know that? im in your mind, y/n, i know everything, where you're from, what the code is to your jewelry box, i even know the exact time and date you were born, i know you feel things for the boy, y/n, but lets get one thing straight, he doesn't have feelings." 

and Just like that, the bell rang, the sound going right through your left ear out of your right ear, Ixius looked at his watch, "i guess its time i leave to my dorm room then, it was nice meeting you, L/n, i hope we get to work together sometime in the future" he flashed a smile as the Abraxas and Avery showed up behind Y/n, "who was that?" Abraxas rose an eyebrow, Y/n shrugged, "i don't know, i guess he's also a transfer student," she replied, turning to them, "anything you two want?" she flashed a smile, "Our lord wants you to meet him near the forbidden forest" Avery replied, "the forest? may i ask what he needs me for?" she questioned. Abraxas shrugged, "We aren't allowed to ask certain questions, especially if their about his Dark queen." he replied. 

"dark queen?"

"just go." Avery replied.

Y/n put her hands up in defense and started to gather her belongings, making her way to the forbidden forest.