Chapter thirteen

Y/n groaned, how could she be so stupid? Shes here for a simple job, not to fall in love, she paced back and forth in the y/h common room, she would stop every once in a while to stare into the fire place as she thought about what had happened in the library. 

"why are you up so late?" a voice brought Y/n out of her thoughts, "just thinking" she replied, "arent you supposed to be home?" she asked, The girl nodded, "i was, came home early after mother and i had a fight" she replied, "i did not take you for a girl to get into a fight with your mother, Jessica" she replied, turning around to face him. 

"i did not take you for a girl who stayed here, away from her family" she replied, sitting down on the couch, pointing his palm at the seat next to him. 

Y/n gradually took a seat next to her and nodded, "my family and i are not exactly best friends" she chuckled, jess nodded and leaned back in his seat, "do i even wanna ask?" she said, looking over at her, Y/n shrugged, "depends, cause if i did tell you, i would have to kill you" she joked. 

she put her hands up in defense and chuckled, "understandable" she replied, the two just sat there, starring at the empty space in front of them, "so, whats on your mind?" Jess asked, breaking the tension between them. Y/n sighed and looked to the side, "i'm afraid if i tell you, not only will you be disappointed but if anyone were to tell Lily or James, they would hex me into oblivion" she replied.

Jess shook her head, "nonsense, what did you do to make you think that? it couldn't have been that bad" he replied. you inhaled a sharp breathe before speaking, "i kissed riddle" she mumbled, "you what?" she asked, "well technically i didn't kiss him, he kissed me, but i still felt as though its my fault" she replied, "oh god, Jess, please don't hate me, i know you guys hate him, but, hes a really good person-" Jess put her hand up as if saying be quiet. 

"its okay" she said, 'its really not a big deal, i do not know why you would even think we would hate you, y/n, you're our best friend, you could murder someone and we would help you do away with the body" she added, "i dont care you kissed riddle, to be honest, i dont care if you dated him, cause as long as i see my best friend happy. i think i can put my hatred for him aside for a little bit" she replied, smiling. Y/n looked up at him, "really? i just thought that since you all hated him, that you would be disappointed" i replied, Jess chuckled, "girl, relax, go get your man" y/n stood up, "i will" she said, looking at the clock, "tomorrow cause its late" i replied, walking to my dorm. 

_________________________________

Y/n woke up the sunlight on her face blinded her as she fluttered her eyes open, she stepped onto the cold floor and changed into normal clothing, ripped jeans, a beanie, and i popular wizard band shirt, with her black and white converse. She stepped out of the hufflepuff common room, a few more days and her friends will be back to school and things will go back to normal. She walked over to an abandoned hallway, to think about what she should say when shes sees Tom. 

'sorry, but i cant possibly fall in love with you cause im here to stop you from killing my future boyfriend and best friends parents' that was out of the question. She just leaned against the wall with her head resting in her hands, she sighed and pushed herself off of the wall and made her way to the end of the hallway back into the main hall. 

She looked around and noticed Tom was coming her way, once he had gotten to her he grabbed her by the arm, "we need to talk" he said, before pulling her back into  the dark hallway that she had just came out of. she made an off sound before finding herself pressed into the wall.

Tom's hands pressed against the wall, on both sides of her head, "look, im sorry about yest-" Tom shortly was cut off by soft lips coming in contact with his. Y/n expected him to pull away but instead he just grabbed her waist and pulled her closer to him. 

now she was scared. What was SHE thinking? he hadnt talked about how he wanted to destroy muggles in a while. Everytime she had brought up lily she just smiled at her  and didnt say anything about wanting to rip her head off. Had Tom riddle really change? All because of her? Does this mean she had to go home? Cause some of her didnt want to leave, part of her wanted to stay in the past, in Toms arms, but she had to go back, back to all of her friends. Back to hell. but Maybe since Tom isn't so bad, would Cedric and harry's parents be alive? 

Tom brought one hand up to cup her face while the other stay planted on her waist, Tom pulled away, panting, "i never though i could feel this way..." he started, "im not supposed to" he replied, "god whats happening to me?" He asked, a few tears slowly leaving his eyes, y/n stood there, shocked, did she break him? Y/n gave a small smile, she looked into his eyes, "i love you" she said, but the worst part, she meant it, every kiss, every word. she meant it. Y/n took her hand and wiped away the last tear that fell from his face. 

Tom looked at her, like he was starring into her soul.

"i love you too"