10

Sitting on the floor with only a few metres of thick air causing a separation between the two of us as I cry, I can clearly see what's caused this difficult situation to arise. It's my fault, just about everything that has happened today - all of it - is my fault. If I'd watched where I stepped, I wouldn't have had my name marred under the title of being a 'fatty'.

If I had listened to my conscience, that ever so slightly chided me not to eat anything too unhealthy, I wouldn't have had my boyfriend's love dwindling. If only I had listened to Taehyung when he told me not to increase the speed on the treadmill, I wouldn't be an emotional train wreck right now.

Everything falls in place.

Everything I hoped I wouldn't have to face, has happened to me as if fate was trying to prove its point against all of my beliefs.

Like the infamous butterfly effect. I wasn't aware of how the smallest of mishaps can lead to my biggest moments of fear.

My sobs have quietened down and my tear ducts are exhausted of their glands. I don't pull my hands away though. I just know that Taehyung is watching me as I break down every single wall I'd built around myself.

He's probably wondering what's caused so much of misery to explode out of my safe enclosure on such a day, probably curious to know why I'm dying to lose all these extra pounds of waste that's stuck to my body.

I ball my hands into tight fists as I begin to wipe off the remnants of moisture that sticks to my cheeks. I'm too afraid to open my eyes, too afraid to face the bombardment of questions that are about to shoot out of his lips.

I flinch when his long fingers wrap themselves around each of my wrists - not because I'm surprised by his gentle act, but because I'm terrified of what's about to come after he sees all the scars that scatter their skin.

He gives the back of my hands a soft rub with the pad of his thumb, urging me to let go. For some strange reason, although I have my eyes closed, I allow him to pull my hands away.

Taehyung doesn't retrieve his touch from my wrists after I do so. Instead, he moves his palms under my own so he can hold fold our hands together. His touch is elegant, never too overbearing, and to say in the least ...

It feels lovely to be held like this.

I lower my eyes as I open them, too ashamed to say anything, too ashamed to hear anything.

I was stupid enough to bring this upon myself. I was careless enough to make a fool out of myself in front of someone I've known only for about two weeks.

"I'm sorry," My voice comes out nasally and bubbly as I squeak the words out. A hiccup follows and my eyes widen in surprise.

"Did you hurt yourself?" Taehyung speaks in the mildest of tones I've heard coming out of a man's mouth.

Something in his voice tells me he's not just talking about the little incident that happened about half an hour ago. From the concern that drips from the dulcet tone of his voice, I know he's talking about the dried crystals of blood on my skin.

"N-no," I croak out. It's a lie and I know that can tell by just looking at me in the eye.

That's when, unthinkingly, I take a full minute to gaze at him. It's the first time I'm seeing him today. His hair is slightly moist and it falls over his thick eyebrows effortlessly, creating a veil of black that covers his eyes. He smells like flowers, freshly plucked berries and a hint of honey. He probably took a soothing shower after his dance practice, just before I'd entered his gym.

The mole under the tip of his nose catches my attention. I don't know why I'm led into thinking it's one of the most striking factors that add to his good looks. The thick dot of brown has me enthralled, and I can't begin to shake myself out of my stupor.