Chapter 7

Opening day! The tour started today in Flroida, and everyone was excited. I had never seen a soundcheck or anything before, so while the kids sat in the front couple rows doing homework, I watched the soundcheck from the side of the stage. While I was watching in the corner, I heard a voice.

"Excuse me, who are you?" The voice says. I turn around to see a boy in a black shirt and black jeans with messy hair.

"Uh, Im-".

"Fans aren't supposed to be here. You need to leave" He says and grabs my arms. I instantly yanked it away.

"Don't you ever put your hands on me again" I say. He takes a step back. I felt a hand tug on mine and looked down to see Daisy and Elijah. Aunt Karen must've noticed them come onto the stage because then she walked over.

"What's going on?" She asks.

"She freaked out on me. Who even is this girl?" He asks her. She stood beside me and just looked at him. He looked back and forth at us. "Is she your daughter? You look alike".

"She's my niece, and she's on the tour with us too. Lainey, this is Devin Dawson".

"I-I'm sorry" He says. I just stared and walked away.

"Don't you touch her again!" Elijah says. I know he didn't know what happened to me, but he knew I was hurt and that was one of the sweetest things ever to me.

The way the he grabbed me reminded me of the way Tyler did when he beat me. I made a promise to myself that no one would ever treat me like that again. Who even was this Devin guy? Seemed like a piece of crap to me, but I wasn't going to judge. I was just going to keep away from him. I'd barely spoke to him, but I hated him now, and that wasn't gonna change.

***
Once there was 30 minutes until the show started, I was stunned by how amazing everyone looked. They all wore the same clothes they did for the album cover. I felt so incredibly lucky to call myself part of the LBT family in that moment.

"How do we look, Lainey?" Aunt Karen asks.

"Amazing" I answered. She smiled and walked over to me.

"Here. These are for you and the kids. They like to watch the shows sometimes. They're reserved passes for the front row seats" She says handing me the passes. I put mine around my neck.

"Okay. Thanks" I say. I went to find the kids. They all liked ti hang out in Kimberly's dressing room for some reason. I handed them all their passes to put on, then I went beck to Aunt Karen's dressing room, but on the way there, I ran into someone. Literally. I was knocked on the ground.

"Shit, I'm sorry. Let me help you" A voice says. I realized it was Devin.

"It's fine. I'm fine" I say. He grabbed my hand and helped me up to my feet. He hand changed into black jeans with a chain and a new black shirt with a black leather jacket. His hair was also styled nice.

"I'm sorry. Uh, for knocking you down and for earlier. I shouldn't have been so nasty" He says. He smiled softly. I smiled back.

"It's okay. I probably overreacted too. Just...no good experience with guys putting their hands on me in the past" I say.

"I'm sorry. I...truly am sorry" He says. I nod.

"Well, good luck tonight. I'll be watching with the kids" I say.

"Good. I owe you a song dedication after the way I treated you" He says. I just smiled and walked away. He was nice. Maybe I misread him.

***
As the show started, the kids and I sat in the front row. Elijah and Daisy sat on either side of me and Dolly sat in my lap. Penelopi sat by Daisy. The lights went down and Devin came on the stage.

"Hello, Orlando. My name is Devin Dawson, and let's get ready to party!" He says. The crowd cheered.

He was a really good performer, and kept the crowd really excited. He was really energetic on the stage, which was cool to see. All the kids loved his music too and danced around.

"Okay, Orlando. This is my last song, and the first song I put out. If you know it, sing along. It's called 'All On Me'".

He began to sing his song. It was a cute song. When he got to the chorus he sang and pointed to me.

You got my number you can call on me
If you're in trouble put the fall on me
When you're mad you can take it out on me
When it don't add up you can count on me
When you're low come get high on me
Make it slow take your time on me

Said let, let it out
Come and lay on me
When it gets heavy put the weight on me
Baby put it all on me
Put it all on me".

I was hoping no one really saw that it was me and people just thought he was pointing at a fan. Thankfully, no one said anything, but he did point at me everytime he sang the chorus. It was kind of sweet after he did what he did.

***
When Little Big Town were playing, all the kids sat and watched. Elijah said they loved watching them perform.

When Aunt Karen sang 'Nightfall' I couldn't help but cry, and the same when Kimberly sang 'Throw Your Love Away' and Philip sang 'Forever and a Night', but the one that really got me was when Unlce Jimi sang 'Problem Child'. I related to the song so much, but never realized it. I guess having a run in with Devin today made me realize it and I needed to just get it out of my system. Other than that, the show was awesome and I definitely danced with all the kids while singing 'Boondocks' at the end of the show.

When it was over, Aunt Karen called us all on the stage to sing with her. I couldn't have asked for a better opening day for this tour and I was really excited to see what was in store for the rest of it.

QOTC: what other events do you guys want think will happen?
comment below! love y'all!