Chapter 23

***
2 more weeks had passed. Everything was going great. I was now 9 weeks pregnant, and we were in Louisville, Kentucky. I was feeling very sick after leaving the hospital, but Devin was amazing, and always made sure I was okay. Plus, the kids did little things for me too. Elijah never left my side, and the girls made sure that I always had water and snacks. I was really excited to be in Louisville today though because they were playing at the Louisville Palace, and the first time I had ever seen Little Big Town in concert was at this theater when I was about five. Now, I was 20 with a baby of my own on the way. Man, how times have changed.

I was currently lying on the couch in Devin's dressing room while he did sound check. I had been throwing up a lot lately, so I wanted to rest. We were going to be in Indiana next week, so I was going to tell my Dad that I was pregnant then, and he was going to get to meet Devin.

When Devin was done, he came back and sat with me..he say on the floor infront of me and kissed my forehead.

"Feeling okay, babe?" He asks. I nod.

"For now. That could change soon though" I say. He laughs softly.

"You're so amazing. You're the most beautiful woman I've ever met and you're carrying our child. Can it get any better than that?" He asks.

"I bet it will when our baby is here" I say.

"Oh, yeah. You and the baby watching me from the crowd, singing along to the songs I've written about you. Elijah and our baby being the best of friends. Daisy and Penelopi dressing it up. Man, I can't wait" He says.

"If this baby is a girl, you can expect Aunt Karen making her a fashionista" I joke.

"Well, she's got the best taste, so I'm okay with that" He says. I smile.

"I love you so much. You know that, right?" I ask.

"I was hoping you did" He says. "I love you too". Just then, all three older kids came into the dressing room.

"Lainey, mama got you chocolate" Elijah says handing me a Hershey Bar.

"And, then we got some ginger ale" Penelopi adds. I smile and sat up to let them sit with me.

"We didn't mean to bother you, but we wanted to give this to you" Daisy says.

"You're not bothering us. We were talking about you guys actually" I say.

"Really?" Elijah asks.

"Yep. Talking about what great big cousins you'll be to our baby" Devin says.

"If you have a boy, can I name it?" Elijah asks. I look at Devin and he looked at me. "I was only kidding" Elijah adds.

"No. Buddy, I think that's a great idea" I say.

"And, so do I" Devin adds. Elijah lit up.

"Oh, my gosh. Yay!" He says and wraps his arms around Devin's neck.

"And girls, we're going to need your help with the baby too. Y'all will give him love and cuddles won't you?" I ask.

"We will" Daisy says.

"Looks like we're all in this together now" I say.

"Forever" Devin says and smiles his perfect smile at me. Man, I was so lucky.

***
The kids and I decided not to watch the show tonight because I was sick, so we sat back in the dressing rooms. The kids wanted to watch Disney+, so they decided to watch 'Beauty and The Beast'. We all sat on the couches together and ate snacks and watched the movie. Elijah looked up at me.

"Lainey?" He says.

"What?" I ask.

"I hope this never changes" He says. I smile down at him.

"It won't. We're just adding another addition  to our crew" I say. Daisy joined the conversation.

"I'm glad you're here, Lainey. This your wouldn't have been the same without you" She adds.

"Well, we've still got a while to go. More adventures to be had" I say.

"You know what Daddy always says when something new begins for anybody?" Penelopi asks.

"What?" I ask.

"This is just the beginning" She answers. I smiled.

"Have you guys ever seen the movie 'Up'?" I ask.

"Yeah" They all say.

"Well, what do they say in that movie?" I ask. All the kids smile and cheer.

"Adventure is out there!" They all say. I smile and squeeze them all.

"Let the adventures begin".