Chapter 45

***

A week later and I was home. It was hard because Little Big Town were still on tour, but Morgan left the tour and stayed with me. We were currently putting the kids to bed. I had Nash and he had Noa.

Noa was a lot easier than Nash. He loved to be awake and active. She was chill. I think that's why he loved Morgan, because he was always so energetic. That reminded me a lot or Devin because he was a ball of energy when we were out together. Nash definitely got that from his father.

Morgan and I loved watching the kids together. We'd feed them, bathe them, dress them, and so munch more. Morgan loved to sing to Noa. She seemed to like music more than Nash did. It was so much fun. Not to mention, Elijah, Daisy, and Penelopi loved them both more than anything. They hated to leave them to go on tour, but they understood they had to be with their parents, and I had to take time to get to know my children, and motherhood.

These evening I had been spending with Morgan and the twins were amazing. He was amazing with them, and a real life saver for me. Whenever I would freak out or get overwhelmed, he was always right there. I wasn't alone. Morgan hadn't let me feel alone since Devin died back in March. For seven months he had been my best friend. I missed Devin like crazy, but I honestly couldn't imagine Morgan not being the person on this journey with me. He was incredibly special to me now, and I never wanted to lose him. Noa always nuzzled her head into his chest and fell right to sleep. It was adorable. Then the way he would sing songs to Nash when he was wide awake warmed my heart. I also caught him showing both of them a music video of Devin's once. I sobbed in the shower after that, but only because Morgan loved my kids like his own. Like I knew Devin would if he had still been with us. However, my favorite part of Morgan being here was when Nash and Noa fell asleep, and we would just talk the rest of the night. Like we were doing now. I was worn out and sitting on the couch. He sat beside me and I leaned into him.

"Hopefully Nash is down for a while" I say.

"Well, I'll take care of him if you want to get some rest" He says. I smile and look up at him.

"I'm fine right where I am" I say. He smiles back. "Thank you for being here with me. You've been awesome, and I don't know what I'd do if I was alone with them".

"You're never going to be alone as long as I'm alive. I can promise you that, Lainey. Plus, I don't want to be anywhere if it isn't with you" He says. I smiled.

"Thanks" I whisper softly. His deep blue eyes looked stared at me, and I swear I could get lost in them.

"Lainey?" He whispers. I could feel his hot breath on my lips.

"Yeah?" I ask.

"I've been waiting forever to do this" He says. In that moment, his lips met mine. Electricity flew through my body. I slowly pulled away. It was in that moment that I knew that I was completely and utterly in love with Morgan Wallen.

THE END!
let me know if you all would like a sequel! love you all!

also, my next story is called "The Perfect Ride" for anyone who wants to read it!