Chapter 24

***
We were home! Indianapolis had never looked so good to me until I saw it for the first time in forever. I was excited to see my daddy and let him meet Devin and find out he was going to be a grandfather. I bought him a shirt that said 'Grandpa' on it. He probably wouldn't catch on, but then he'd be happy.

When we got to the venue, a uber met us all. Devin, Aunt Karen, Uncle Jimi, Elijah, and I were all going to my house. Then, we were meeting Kimberly, Phillip, and the girls later for dinner. It was Thursday, so we didn't have a show. I was glad I got to have this day for Daddy.

"Babe, I'm so nervous. What if he hates me?" Devin asks.

"He won't. He knows I love you, so he will love you" I say. He raises his eyebrows.

"It took Karen weeks to even look at me once she knew we were together. This is your father" He says.

"Well, yes, but you guys kept that from me" Aunt Karen defends. "Now, Devin, you might as well be my nephew".

"No hatred?" He asks.

"Not at all" She says. We all laugh.

"Hey, when Karen and I got together, Kurt was 25 and was the one pushing her to have a niece of nephew for him and a cousin for Lainey. He'll be thrilled for another addition" Uncle Jimi says. I was only six when they got married, but I do remember all of that.

"Babe, you don't have much more time to be scared because...we're here" I say. I swear you could hear his heart beating in his chest as the car stopped.

I jumped out of the car and ran to my daddy. He was waiting outside. I leaped into his arms.

"Baby girl!" He says and spins me around. I squeezed him so tight.

"Daddy, I missed you so much" I say.

"I missed you too, baby. Remind me never to let you meave Indy again" He says finally putting me on the ground.

"Oh, daddy" I say. He smiles.

"Im just kidding" He says going in to hug Aunt Karen and Unlce Jimi. Elijah stayed with Devin. Funny that a 10 year old comforted a 25 year old. "Now, where's that new guy in your life?".

"Well, I'm the most important one" Elijah says walking up to us with Devin. Everyone laughed.

"That's me, sir. Devin Dawson" He says extending his hand to my dad.

"Kurt Fairchild. I'm glad to meet ya, son" He says.

"The pleasure is all mine" Devin says.

"Uncle Kurt, he was scared to meet you" Elijah says.

"Oh, come on. I ain't scary" Dad says. Devin smiled softly. I interlocked out fingers to reassure him. "You know, Devin. My daughter loves you, and I can tell you love her. That's all I've ever wanted for my daughter".

"I do love her, sir. I'll spend the rest of my life loving her" Devin says.

"And...with that being said...Daddy, we've got something to tell you" I say taking a fight bag from Aunt Karen and hanging it to him. "Open it up".

He gave me a weird look and then opened it. He read it, and then looked at me with a raised eyebrow.

"I ain't no grandpa" He says. I smile at him.

"Really?" I ask.

"I'm positive" He says. I shake my head and put my hands on my stomach.

"Actually, Daddy...I'm the one that's positive" I say. He slowly looked up at me.

"I'm gonna be a grandpa?" He asks. I nod. He threw the shirt up into the air and scooped me into his arms. "Oh, man! My baby is having a baby!".

"Are you excited?" I ask pulling away from his hug.

"Yes!" He says going to hug Devin too.

"Uncle Kurt, I get to name the baby if it's a boy" Elijah says.

"Well, buddy. I'd name it after yourself if I was you" He says. We all laughed. I could tell my dad and the rest of my family was over the moon for us. This is all I've ever wanted in life, and with Devin...my life felt so complete.

***
Family dinner was so much fun. It hadn't been like this in a while. We went to the same restaurant that Aunt Karen and Uncle Jimi took me to when they told me I was coming on tour with them. It was so much fun. I had everyone that I loved here and I was with the love of my life with our child in my stomach. Nothing could ruin this...or so I thought.

When I had went to the bathroom, someone stopped me on my way out. Like, ohyscuslly stopped me and pushed me up agaisn thte wall.

"Well, Well, Well. Lainey Fairchild".

I look up only to see someone I only see in my nightmares now. Tyler.

"W-What do you want?" I ask.

"You left Indy, baby. I missed ya" He says.

"I have to go. My family is here" I say.

"I know. I saw when you got here today. Congratulations, by the way. A baby, right?" He asks.

"Yeah. I'm pregnant. I have to go" I say.

"It's a shame you wouldn't let me in your pants. Could have been our baby" He says.

"Never" I say.

"Why? You don't want me? You'd rather have that twink looking little boy? I'm a man, baby" He says getting really close to me.

"Get off me. I don't want you. I hate you!" I scream. He pinned me against the wall.

"You never speak to me that way! Do you hear me? Never!" He screams through clenched teeth. His hands wrapped around my throat. "I will fucking kill you!".

I was gasping for air when I felt a force taken off of me. Before I knew it, Tyler was on the ground and Devin was straddling him.

"You never speak to her that way again! I'll kill you, motherfucker!" He yells. It took My dad, Uncle Jimi, and Phillip to get Devin off of him while I went to Aunt Karen and Kimberly. We immediately left and went back home. Thw whole ride home I sobbed. I wanted to leave. I had such a bad gut feeling after this happend. I needed to get out of Indiana right now and never come back.

QOTC: do you have a bad feeling like Lainey?
comment below! love yall!