Chapter 25

After a long talk with everyone, I decided to just stay in Indy. I mean, everyone had a job to do, and after Devin beat up Tyler, I wasn't too worried about him trying to see me again. I definitely clung to Devin today, though. Even during his soundcheck, I waited by the stage for him to be done. I even asked him to cancel his meet and greet before the show, which he did. We both just say in his dressing room until the show started tonight.

"Babe, I don't want you to go on tonight" I say. He wraps his arms around me tightly.

"I know. I'll be okay. I promise" He says and kisses me softly on the forehead.

"I'm scared. I just wanna leave" I say.

"Baby, we're leaving tomorrow night. And, once we're gone, we don't ever have to come back again" He says.

"Me, you, and the baby?" I ask.

"Together Forever" He says before kissing me gently. There was a knock at the door. Aunt Karen came to get Devin to get his mic pack and get ready. I kissed him one last time before be left.

"I love you, Devin" I say.

"I love you too, Lainey" He says before kissing me one last time and then disappearing into the darkness. I couldn't help but cry watching him walk away. Aunt Karen wrapped her arms around me and let me cry into her shoulder.

"Baby, it's okay" She says and squeezes me tightly.

"I'm scared. I'm so scared. I don't want to be here" I say.

"Lainey, that boy isn't here. Security is doubled and it's fine. Do you want to stay back here tonight, or go to your daddy's?" She asks. Dad was seeing the show tomrrow night.

"No. No, I need to be here for Devin" I say. She nods.

"The kids are side stage if you wanna meet them" She says. I nod.

"Thanks" I say before walking to meet up with the kids. Devin was already on the stage in his spot. He blew me a kiss before the lights went down.

The whole show, I was on edge. I felt tears roll down my cheeks every so often, but nothing I couldn't hide.

"Lainey, Devin only has one more song to do" Elijah says. He was holding onto my hand.

"I know. We're going back to Daddy's house when he gets off stage" I say. He nods. I looked back up at Devin who was now takking to the crowd.

"So, Indy. Tonight is a very special night. For the first time in my career, I'm playing a show in the hometown of my beautiful girlfriend, Lainey Fairchild. Yeah, the niece of Karen from Little Big Town, but don't worry...she approves...now" He says. The crowd laughed. "Anyway, I love Lainey with all my heart, and this next song is a song I wrote for her. I know she is somewhere listening, so...baby, I love you so much and...I Don't Care Who Sees". That made me smile because I knew he was making a remark about the song he wrote for me. I sang along the the words he sang. This was the only time I didn't feel scared. That was until it happened.

There was two loud booms, and Devin fell to the ground.

"A gun!" The kids yells. I tried to run onto the stage to Devin, who had blood all over him, but Daisy and Penelopi stopped me. They physically held me back. I could not speak. No noise was even coming out of my body. The only thing I heard were the screams of people running to every exit they could, and seeing the person that I loved more than myself lying in a pool of blood.

CLIFFHANGER!
comment below your thoughts! love yall!