Chapter 44

My twins were born on September 18th at 3:29pm and 3:34pm. It was now 5:30. Morgan and I had been going back and forth with them both cuddling them, and obviously I fed them. Currently, I was holding my girl, and he had my little boy.

"Names yet?" He asks. He was sitting in the chair. I was in the bed.

"Not until the kids get here" I say. He smiled so big.

"Well, you don't have to wait too long" He says and points to the window. I turned and saw Aunt Karen and My daddy standing there. They walked in as soon as they saw me. They both hugged me, then Aunt Karen looked down.

"Oh, my god! Come here, little girl" She says and scooped her up. "Oh, she has the Fairchild nose".

"So does this one" My dad says. He was holding his grandson.

"Can the kids come in? I think these two need names" I say. They both laughed .

"I'll go get them" Morgan says. I nod and he disappeared for a few minutes. When he returned, the kids ran to me, and Uncle Jimi, Kimberly, and Phillip followed in. I had both babies in my arms now, and the three kids all hoped up there with me.

"Can we hold them?" Daisy asks. I nod and let her take the girl. I knew Elijah was all about the boy. "So, I've got a question for you all". They all look up. "Daisy, Penelopi. What are we calling this girl of mine?". They smile at each other.

"I picked the first name for her. Noa" Penelopi says.

"And I picked the middle name. We wanted something meaningful, so...Devin" Daisy says. My heart dropped.

"Noa Devin Fairchild. I love it" I say with a tear in my eye. I look over at Elijah. "How about my boy?".

"Nash. Because you love Nashville. Nash Dawson" He says. My head hung. They gave my kids Devin's name.

"I love the names" I say. Elijah kissed Nash's cheek.

"I love him" He says. I smiled and pulled him into me. I loved this moment more than anything.

***
Hours had passed and I was now alone with Noa and Nash. Everyone got hotel rooms nearby, but visiting hours were over. Morgan was the only one allowed to be back there after hours because they thought he was the father. However, he had to go back to Nashville tonight. I didn't mind thiugh because tomrrow I was going home too.

Noa, so far, had been a very quiet baby. She hadn't fussed a lot and slept very well. Nash, on the other hand was very active. He was wide awake right now, and it was 2AM. He had bright brown eyes that could make you melt after just a second of looking into them. He was definitely Devin's son. I was so in love with them. I never understood what people said when they say that being a parent is the best feeling in the world, but now that I was one, I wouldn't have traded it for anything in the whole world. I might have been heartbroken for a while, and part of me would always wonder why what happened to Devin hhappened, but now, I felt like I had a new reason to live and there names were Noa and Nash.

QOTC: do you like the names? comment below! love yall!