Enna Nadakuthu?

Puthir 4

'Bayama ireku' she whispered  worriedly.

'Yen?', he asked looking at her pale face.

She glared at him, squinted her eyes irritatingly at him. He does this all the time, knows the reason, yet pretends he knows nothing.

'Bayapadathe', he whispered at her as he warmed up her clammy palms with his and winked when she turned to stare at him again with that trademark pout of hers.

She was so nervous, its the  most awaited day but now all she wants to do is to run and hide.
No, she can't go through this.
She was afraid.
Very afraid.

'enna achi?' he enquired, though he knows why she is nervous he can't show that to her, she will use her charm to talk her way out of this and he surely will fall for her tricks yet again.

After all these years, she still wins every time.
So the only trick is to avoid acknowledging the problem openly, but encouraging discreetly.

She looked at him, shook her head No.

'athaan naanum kude irekenleh?, onnum aagathu... Aperem veleye ponum vere sonnenleh? polam, hmm? he tried to persuade her again.

'nejamava?', she asked him.

'Aama, ithu mudinje odeneh poirlam', he assured her confidently.

'ayo, athu illeh!, nejemave kude irupingela?, she whispered angrily at him.

'Sathiyama,' he told looking in her eyes.

'Kadaisi varaikum?', she wanted confirmation.

'En kadaisi moochi irukere varikum', he thought smiling, while he just nodded his head to her, kissing her forehead.

He indicated her to close her eyes and take a deep breath first to calm her thundering heart and rioting mind.

She did the same, but in reverse, she took in a deep breath and closed her eyes. Nothing changed, heart still thundering in her ears, mind rioting within her.

With pursed lips, she looked at him defeated, it's not working. Eyes, brimming in tears, she shivered a little.

He was worried right now, this is really taking a toll on her, maybe he shouldn't have agreed to this earlier but she was the one who taught him to believe in her.

She is brave. Very brave.

Today, is the day for her to prove to herself, that she is a brave person and she should believe in her too.

He can't see her breaking down like this, she wanted this, he agreed. They are going to do this together. No turning back now. No matter what.

He took her cold hands in his and brought it to his mouth, blew hot air in it. It always calmed her and hoped it works today too.

She felt his warm hands covering hers and suddenly her cold fingers felt warm and soothing.

Then, she giggled lightly because as usual, his beard tickled and it did change the mood slightly, though her eyes still glistened with unshed tears.

He wiped it with his thumb, hugged her a little rubbing her arms. 'Kude irupinggileh?', she asked softly holding his hand in hers.

'Eppothum', he promised smiling.

He looked into her eyes.
Those eyes made a promise for a thousand years to come.

She smiled at him.
Those smile sealed the neverending love they share.

He took in a huge breath, wiggled his brows at her and she answered by blinking them.

She is ready.

BUT...

He is nervous now!

'Kadavuleh, ellam nalleh padiyah nadakanum', he said a silent prayer for her.
For them, both.

TBC