Kannamma've Paatingela?

Puthir #17

*** Continuation: Sometime 2 years ago***

After a couple of crucial hours, it did end and the doctors said, both the Mother and Child were healthy. The dark smoke around him was going away and he could see everything clearer, his thoughts are getting coherent, his life was getting on track. A big sigh of relieve escaped his chest.

Mullai was still unconscious, Mughil was still asleep on his shoulder and Kanamma was being kept under supervision which was fine actually.

For the first time in 24 hours, he finally closed his eye for a moment and slumber took over on the chair beside her bed until he felt soft hands pinching his nose, pulling his lids...

'Paa...Paa... Naamaa Paapa kaanum Paa....Paa! ...Paaru Paa...', Mughil woke up in Kathir's arms and delighted to see his Amma sleeping on the bed but something started to bother him, so he woke his father.

'Haa!? Enna?...engge?', his son's words were like ice cold water thrown over him, what happened to the baby? Where was it? He didn't even see it yet.. He wanted Mullai to see first.

'Angge paaru Paa...Paapa kaanum...', he pointed at Mullai...her stomach was no longer big, it was flat. Then, he looked around, there was no one else apart from three of them in that room and it worried the Silent Firecraker.

He knows Naamaa Paapa was in Amma's stomach, he always sings to her and she always kicks for him. Everyone said they are in hospital because Naamaa is finally coming to see him and the doctors are going to help them.

So, now they are in hospital, Amma is here, stomach is flat, where is Naamaa? He looked at his Father with quivering lips and tearful eyes, where is his sister? He saw many doctors there, didn't they help Amma?
What happened to his sister?

'Mughil...Mughil...shh...aluvadeh...Amma toongerangge'le...shhh', Mullai was still sleeping and she needs to rest but Mughil was restless wanting to know answers.

'Naama?...Paapa engge....Amma....Amma!!!', he couldn't take it anymore, Appa promised Paapa will be with him once he woke up from sleep. Where is she?!

'Mughil...', they heard a croaked whisper..

'Mullai...'

'Amma!'

Both Father and Son said in unison looking at the most important woman in their life.

'Mama..'

She looked really tired and fragile but strong and brave at the same time, how she manages to be like that is still beyond his understanding. Hours ago, this woman went through hell and now she is lying in bed with the sweetest smile.

He went to kiss her forehead before he could say anything more and the same time carefully holding Mughil so that he wouldn't fall on her.

'Ey...'

'Amma! Naane..naane!', that little boy wants to show some love to his mother too, so he leaned in puckering his lips to his mother, dropping a kiss on her nose. All the while Kathir was carefully holding that over excited boy in his embrace.

'Sapthiya? hmm...eppe vandingge?...', she was worried about her little boy, how did they manage him? She wondered.

'...chiyapa chocolate kudetareh!...', he smiled proudly at his mother.