Ennathu?

Puthir 5

He came home from shop at night tired and eager to see the love of his life.

Walking into the house, he noticed no one was there, are they asleep already? It's not that late yet, but maybe everyone had retired at their respective rooms for the night, he thought.

'Mullai..', he called for her, and there she was walking towards him from the kitchen, with a big smile on her face.

Her smile alone could wipe off all the dull moments in his life...
No matter how tired he is everyday, that smile could make him forget everything..

He never understood what she saw in him for her face to bright up a million stars at the sight of him...
The glint in her eyes..
The blush on her cheeks..
The joy in her face...
Everything is unexplainable...
A hidden mystery...
A blessing he will forever cherish.

She walked to him with so much grace...
The way her hip sways at every step...
The way she pushes her hair back...
The way she lightly pats the glistening sweat on her neck with the end of her saree while covering the waist and chest..

He couldn't believe it, there he stands in the middle of the hall under the moon, admiring his wife, smiling to himself.
Only she could do this to him..

Then, his eyes caught something else..
Another magic in his life..
Another reason for his existence...

He noticed a glimpse of pitter patter of tiny feet behind his wife, trying stay hidden from him.

His eyes went back to hers, she lightly peeked behind her shoulder and smiled at her husband. Raised her brows signalling to the hidden surprise behind her to him.

He nodded with a small laugh, couldn't wait to see his surprise.

He knows who it is. It's their little game nowadays everytime he comes home from work.

Kathir pretended he didn't notice his mischievous 2 year old, instead with a hidden smile, he tip toed towards her trying to be as quiet as possible and signalled Mullai to keep quiet as well.

He slowly bent down and crouched in front of her excitedly. Lightly, he traced the tiny fingers holding the sides of her saree, he heard giggles.

'Mughil.....', he whispered.

As expected the child jumped out and ran to his arms in a flash knocking him down on his back.

Laughing, he quickly hugged his love, his baby close to his heart, breathing in the sweet fragrant.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
'Appa......'
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.