Valikutha?

* Disclaimer : The medical condition mentioned below is based on Google research, stories shared by real people and has been designed to be dramatic for the purposes of this FF. Please ignore medical inaccuracy if any. Thank you.

Puthir #16

*** Sometime 2 years ago***

Then came the most awaited day, her delivery day where she was two weeks over due. Led with fear and uncertainty, Mullai was admitted to hospital to be induced. Even that did not go to plan. This little girl was not conforming right from the start and not much has changed. 

Miss Little Bomb made sure her mother spent 14 hours in labour without any progress and that worried the doctor, so they went in for a scan. 

Kathir’s worst nightmare was coming true and he stood there terrified when they explained her condition. Their baby was ‘face-presenting’ (the head was stuck and it could not move) so within seconds, Mullai was on the ice-cold operating table and an emergency caesarean section was under way. 

Kathir left the Labour Room with ash stricken face, angry tears threatening to fall and he was back to the same hell after three years. 

A dark scary place…
Without his Mullai… 
Without his children… 
He couldn’t take it… 
The darkness was coming for him..

He needed to get away as soon as possible...

But he had no idea where to go..

Aimlessly he just walked passed everyone with long strides, not even stopping when Mughil called out for him…

He couldn’t hear anything…

He was transported to the familiar dark cold lonely abyss…

Kannan immediately carried Mughil from the chair and ran after Kathir, he sensed something was wrong. 

Anneh…Neh…Anneh!...nillu neh….’

‘Kathiruh… Kathiru….Kanna!...engge da poringge’ Dhanam followed behind them.

‘Anni..neenge inggeyeh irungge’ni…naa poi pakeren…’, Kannan assured without stopping..

‘Dei..dei…Appeh ..Mughilleh vithutu po da Kanna..’

Anni! Mughil thaan theve! Ivaneh paata thaan Anneh seriya aagum!... purinjikongge’ni! Mullai anni’ku thirumbavum edho percheneh poleh…athaan Anneh ippadi pothu… ungge kithe velekeh neram illeh ni…hmm.... irungge..inggeye irungge..vanderevum…’, Kannan was so worried for Kathir, he had no time to explain everything to Dhanam but he lamented the importance of Mughil right now before storming off catching up with his brother.

It dawn to Dhanam after a moment, so she walked back to the waiting area and prayed for Mullai and the little one.

He managed to chase Kathir into the washroom and what he saw wasn’t something he will forget for the rest of his life.

The always logical, calm and collected brother of his was standing slouched in front of the mirror with hands in his hair, pulling it hard, body shook with agony. Kathir was delirious and bordering manic. 

‘Aahhh!!’

It was a…
sound of anger…
sound of frustration…
sound of disappointment ...

‘Naa sonneh…ketheya… ethane vathi sonneh! 
.

.

.