Chapter Thirty One: Confrontation

Seoho POV

"We need to find a spot where we can climb over the wall without being seen.", the king states. They sneak around the houses near the castle and look for a good spot. "There is only one soldier on the wall there. Maybe we could shoot him and then climb up the wall there.", Ravn suggests. "Yes, Sarukas can you shoot him?", the king demands. "It's pretty difficult from here, sir.", the soldier says. "Okay, maybe we..." The king gets interrupted by the sound of an arrow being shot. It hits the man on the wall right at his heart and he falls down the wall. "But no problem for me.", Keonhee says. "Good shot.", Geonhak compliments him. They walk towards the wall. "How do we get up now?", Seoho asks. Hwanwoong begins to sing. The ground tears open and twines grow along the wall. "Let's go.", the half elf says. They climb up the wall and get to the courtyard of the castle. They walk over to a smaller door on the side and sneak inside. Behind the door is a corridor that leads to the rooms for the servants and the kitchen. They hear people talking and walk around. One of the servants crosses the corridor and walks into the kitchen without noticing them. "How do we get past them? There are so many.", Dongju asks. "I'm going to make us invisible but we have to be quick. With so many people the spell is only going to last a few minutes.", Hwanwoong says. The half elf makes them invisible and they sneak through the corridor. The door to what seems like a dining and work room for the servants is open. The king at the front of the group looks left and right to make sure no one walks into them then he walks past it. Almost half of the group has walked past the open door when Ravn who is right in front of Seoho suddenly stops. Two servants come out of the room, stand at the door frame and talk. Ravn seems nervous about the situation, so Seoho decides to hug him. The wizard ruffles through the angels hair. Then the two servants finally move out of the way and they can join the rest of the group. They sneak to the last door in the corridor. It is open and leads to another corridor. Just when they enter it, a guard appears at the end of it and they turn visible again. He tries to raise an alarm but he gets hit by an ice spike from Ravn immediately. "Good reflex.", Mira praises him. "Which way, dad?", Dongmyeong asks. "Not sure it's been some time since I was here. But over there is a storage room, let's hide there while I think about it", the king says. "We should hide the dead soldier there too.", Geonhak suggests. "Yes, your right."

Inside the storage room are uniforms for the servants and there are several shelves with boxes on them. Geonhaks pulls the dead body in a dark corner. "Let me think.. we are near the servant rooms...", the king mumbles. "I could turn into a cat and look around a little bit. They probably wouldn't notice me.", Ravn suggests. "That would be good, thank you.", king Domenico says. Ravn turns into a cat and slips through the door. "Isn't the throne room usually in the middle?", Mira states. "Yes, but this castle is a labyrinth.", Domenico says and sighs. "I heard that you should follow the left wall to get to the end of a labyrinth.", Seoho says. The others just look at him blankly. "Well... I mean... just in case we have no other idea..."

After five minutes Ravn is back from looking around the castle. "I think I know the way to the throne room.", he states. "Okay, leggo!", Dongju says. "Hey, I give the orders here son!", his father says. Seoho holds back a giggle. "Lead the way Ravn.", the king says.
They follow Ravn through several corridors until he stops at a corner. "Around this corner is a door with two guards in front of it. I think it leads to the throne room.", the wizard explains. Domenico nods and orders to shoot the guards. Then they walk through the door and enter a small hall. It is very pompous and full of guards that immediately attack them. It is an easy battle for them since they are slightly superior in number.
After they got rid of all the guards, they face the big door with golden ornaments on it. "We will split up as I discussed with you earlier.", the king says. The king, Mira, the twins, Keonhee, Ravn, Geonhak, Hwanwoong and Seoho mentally prepare to confront Esmeralda while the rest hold the line in the hall. Then the king puts each of his hands on one of the doorknobs. "Do you think I look powerful if I open both doors simultaneously or should I just slam one door open?", the king asks Mira. "I don't think that is important in this moment, your majesty." "But the first impression is important, if I look strong than they might get intimidated by me." "Just open door, dad!", Dongju shouts annoyed.
The king pushes open both doors but struggles a little bit. "Do you need help sir?", Geonhak asks. "No, no, I'm fine." Eventually he manages to open them and stands in the doorway, slightly out of breath. The huge hall in front of them has white walls with big pictures on them and a dark grey marble floor, a few statues stand between the white pillars on the side and huge windows at the end of the hall let enough light in to brighten up the majority of the room. A long red carpet lies in the middle of the room and stretches from the door to the few stairs which lead to the golden throne at the end of the room. On it sits a blonde woman with tan skin and piercing green eyes. Next to her stands a female wizard. She wears a black cape with a hood, so Seoho can't see her face. On each side of them stand 6 soldiers and at each of the three doors stand two guards. The two guards next to the group threaten them with their speers but Geonhak and Dongmyeong stab them immediately. "King Domenico, you are finally here! And you brought handsome young man for my harem, thank you!", the lady on the throne exclaims happily.
"What's a harem?", Seoho whispers to his friends. Dongju seems just as confused as him while the others look at each other unsure. "It's nothing you need to know. It's not that important.", Ravn finally says after a few seconds of silence and pats the angel on the shoulder.
"Do you know what that is?", Seoho hears Dongju whisper to his brother. "Yeah, Yonghoon taught me everything.", the older twin answers with a mischievous smirk on his face. "Maybe I should ask him to teach me these things too.", Dongju says.