Chapter Three - Can't Believe You

Luz's P.O.V

Last night was one of the most peaceful nights. I slept for a full eight hours and didn't have a nightmare. For the first time in a while I woke up feeling refreshed, feeling like today could be a good day. Of course that feeling was ruined once I remembered what happened yesterday. The moment replayed in my head but I pushed it away for now, just wanting to get ready and head to school. I put on a smile and put on my favorite hoodie, it was half pink and half white and it was the most comfortable thing I've ever worn.

"Luz! You awake?" My mom shouted, like every morning, making me rush to put on my black jeans. I stumbled but thankfully didn't fall, continuing the struggle of putting pants on.

"Yeah, I'm awake." I replied quickly and finished tidying up my outfit before walking downstairs. King followed from behind me, always right next to me with each step.

"Looks like you slept pretty good?" My mother turned to look at me, taking in how awake I seemed. Days like these made me feel more like myself. Good sleep, great breakfast, and perfect weather outside.

"Yeah, really good!" This made her smile grow and she gave me a tight hug. I honestly loved her hugs, they made me feel secure and like nothing could hurt me.

"I'm so glad. Just to let you know, your first therapy session is tomorrow at 4p.m." I felt a little panic at the thought but knew it was for a good reason. After all, it may not be as bad as I'm thinking.

"Okay, thanks for letting me know." Eda nodded and put two pancakes on my plate. I ate them up quickly before rushing to get my school stuff together. I was running a bit behind so hopefully I'll get to the bus in time. I would much rather walk to school everyday but I'm too scared to ask my mom if I can do that. Not because she would yell at me and say no, but because it seems stupid to walk by myself to school. I should be able to just push through the time on the bus, even though it's a living hell sometimes.

Walking onto the bus I saw that Ember was sitting where I usually sit. In the front, next to the driver. I panicked, my mind scrambled as I tried to figure out what to do. She's one of the worst people on this planet and I don't want to mess with her but I do not want to sit next to anyone else that hates me. Before I could realize what I was doing the words blurted out of me.

"You're in my seat Ember." She scoffed, rolling her eyes to show that she was annoyed by my presence. She's always annoyed by my presence though, and I have no idea why she hates me so much. I've never done anything to make her upset.

"Does it look like I care, just sit somewhere else." She looked back at her phone, ignoring that I was standing right next to her. She knows that this is where I sit, she's one of those people that stare at me the whole time to school. So why is she sitting in my seat?

"I'm not sitting with people who hate me." Once again, she rolled her eyes and kept tapping away at her phone. I feel a little panic rise in my chest, thinking about sitting with other people makes me sick.

"Get over it Luz, everyone hates you so you'll just have to deal with it." I looked at the people sitting behind Ember, seeing all the eyes that were locked onto us. I felt even more panic from seeing their judgmental stares.

"You know what, fine, I'm just going to sit next to you." Her face scrunched up in disgust and confusion. I took a seat right next to her and felt myself go stiff. I shouldn't be sitting next to the person that hates me more than anyone else in the world.

"Ugh, out of all the people on this bus, you chose to sit next to me? You're disgusting." She scooted as far away from me as she could and groaned. I don't know what was taking over me but instead of feeling hurt, I felt confident, like I could stand up for myself.