Chapter Twenty-Five - True Feelings

⚠️WARNING!!! BEFORE READING THIS CHAPTER, KNOW THAT THERE IS RAPE/SEXUAL TRAUMA, TRIGFER WARNING AHEAD! ⚠️

Luz's P.O.V

Music softly played through my speaker as Amity and I just stared at each other. She told me what happened that caused her to come here, it broke my heart honestly. I hated hearing about bad things happening in her own home, she should feel safe, not scared and threatened. Hearing about how he choked her...that terrified me. It brought tears to my eyes as she told me everything, even about how her mother is being manipulated. I know that feeling all too well and I feel terrible for her.

"So, talk to me Luz, tell me what happened today with Andrea." She said it so calmly, she wasn't scared of what I did. I guess living with her father for so many years has made her almost fearless.

"To be honest I have no idea what happened. She gripped my wrist and I think that just set something off in me, made me scared that Zander was back. So I protected myself and was so desperate to get him out of my head that I just punched her, a lot." Amity nodded, understanding what I did.

"I don't blame you for getting scared, you're probably traumatized by what Zander did to you, I get that." She reached over and took my hand, rubbing it back and forth. My face felt hot and that same electric feeling came. Seeing her across from me, comforting me and talking about life and other stuff, I realized that I did love her.

"Amity, you don't have to tell me the story but were you traumatized by him?" I could see her face twist in sadness and she pulled her hand away. She sat up and looked straight ahead, not saying anything, just staring at my wall. I could tell that she was thinking. Her back was hunched a bit and her knees were pulled closer to her chest, she was in deep thought.

"You don't have to tell me Amity, I'm sorry!" I sat up and scooted next to her, trying to get her away from thinking too deeply. She still sat there, staring ahead, not saying anything. There were some tears in her eyes as she slowly opened her mouth to say something.

"He raped me." She said it so slowly that I thought my ears were tricking me. My heart was ripped in two when she said that, not wanting to believe it was true. We both knew she was telling the honest truth though and it made me sick.

"Are you freaking kidding me? He raped you, when?" More tears spilled over her eyes and my chest boiled with anger. I was hurt, mad, and most of all sad. She was traumatized by Zander and worse than I could ever imagine.

"Two years ago, we weren't even dating. He just one day took me to his house and raped me." I felt my heart drop, I wanted to kill him! He wasn't just an abuser, he was a rapist, he was a god-awful person.

"You don't have to talk about, Amity, thanks for telling me. I'm going to rip his heart out the next time I see him." A small smile reached Amity's face but quickly faded. She turned to face me, staring right into my eyes and took a deep breath.

"I will tell you the story but please...don't tell anyone. I know you won't but I'm still asking you to please keep this a secret." Her voice was full of hurt, I wanted to protect her from anyone and everything that could hurt her.

"I wouldn't ever do that to you, your secret is safe with me." She smiled and grabbed my hands, keeping them secured in her pale ones. Her eyes closed for a second as she started telling me the awful experience.

"Like I said, we weren't dating but I always found him kinda cute. I saw him in the hallways, just wondering who he was and wondering if I could ever gain the confidence to talk to him. One day I did and we became kind of close friends but he saw me more than that. He asked me to come over to his house, to meet his parents and I thought why not. When I arrived at his house though, there was no one else there and he said his parents were just late coming home from work. I trust that idiot, I thought he was telling the truth." She stopped in the middle of the story as she broke down in tears, gripping my hands.