Chapter Eleven - Wake Up

Amity's P.O.V

"Who's here Luz?" Eda's voice echoed through the house and I wanted to hide from her. If she sees me, will she want to kill me after how bad I've hurt Luz? Does she even know that I've hurt her?

"It's just Amity, mom, she's staying the night." I saw Eda enter the room with King walking right behind her. I could tell that Luz was feeling awkward, it was written all over her face.

"Okay, well, you two have fun," Luz started walking upstairs and motioned me to follow her. I began to walk up but felt Eda's hand wrap around my arm, "Listen Amity, I've heard that you've hurt Luz's feelings. You're welcome here but just make sure you don't break her heart more. Understand?"

"Yeah, I understand. I'm sorry for hurting Luz so badly." It hurt how much things have changed. Eda's threatening me now because I hurt her daughter, that's something I never thought would happen.

When I got up the stairs, I opened Luz's bedroom door to see the floor covered with books, shoes, and other messy stuff. She used to be so organized. If there was even a penny on the floor, she would freak out and put it away as soon as possible. Now her floor has more than just a penny laying around.

"Wow, you used to be so organized." I giggled to try and lighten up the mood. She was nice enough to let me stay, I want to make this time at least a little fun.

"Yeah, well, a lot has changed since then." Her tone was cold yet sad. I had to find a way to break that stubborn shell of hers. I need to somehow make her feel a little more comfortable around me. The rate that this is going, she'll kick me out of here by the end of tonight.

"It seems like you've changed a lot, I mean that in the best way possible." She glared at me from her bed, showing me that she didn't want to talk. Too bad for her, I was going to get her to talk no matter what.

"Just please sit down and don't talk to me. You've already ruined my life by talking to me, I don't want anymore of my life ruined." She kept her eyes on her phone as she scrolled. This really was going to be difficult.

"I don't think that's possible. Being in the same room and not talking to you is merely impossible." Her eyes finally looked at me. Even if it was just for one second, I felt happy to finally have her look at me.

"What do you want from me? You're playing with my feelings like crazy with pulling me close and then pushing me away. What's your game here?" She turned her phone off and gave me her full attention. I felt uneasy from the glare she was giving me.

"There's no game, I promise. I just have a lot going on and I have no choice but to push you away but trust me when I say, I don't want to push you away." I walked closer to her bed and she stood up, stomping towards me. Her eyes stared deep into mine and my heart stopped beating for a second.

"You want me to trust you? After all the things you've done to me, you expect me to just believe you? Amity, you broke my heart, do you understand what that does to someone?" Tears welled up in her eyes and I wanted to wipe them away but knew that would go horribly wrong.

"I understand, I really do, but I just want everything to go back to normal. I know it can't but if I could take everything back from the moment I pushed you away three years ago, I would." Tears were threatening to fall and I let them, knowing all too well that I wouldn't be able to hold them back.

"Well I'm happier now, so you leaving my life was the best thing to happen." Her words were like a shot to my heart. I felt like I just got stabbed a million times, feeling an immense hurt take over my body.

"You don't mean that, please tell me you don't mean that. How can you be happier if you're dating Zander and your anxiety has gotten worse. How is that you being happier?" I walked closer to her and shouted the question I desperately wanted to know.