Chapter Seventeen - Lost Control

Amity's P.O.V

A couple days have passed since I found out that Zander abused Luz, and I can see that he hasn't stopped. Luz has gone from wearing short sleeves to long and comfy shirts. It hurts me that she's going through this. I've dealt with an abusive father since I was young and I'm okay, but Luz has such a great childhood with her parents and now with Eda. It makes me mad that Zander is ruining her life.

There are moments when Zander catches me glaring at him and all he does is smirk and look away. He knows that it bothers me greatly how he's hurting her, but what does he have against me? I haven't spoken to him in almost two years. And even then, it was barely a conversation, it was barely a hey. I knew what kind of guy he is and I didn't want to associate with him at all, not when I've already been through so much.

"Hey look, it's Amity, the other loser of the school." There was that horrific voice once again, Ember. God, if I could just punch that face of hers and make her regret ever coming near me or Luz.

"Listen Ember, you can hurt me all you want, I don't care but just leave Luz alone." She really was using the word loser over and over again, can't she come up with something better?

"Oh, your girlfriend Luz, no. I won't leave her alone until she understands what a waste of space she is." I stopped walking and turned to the red head, feeling my body explode in anger. I balled my fists and glared at her.

"Luz is not a waste of space, the only person that would be is you and Andrea. You guys think you're so great but look at yourselves and wake up! You guys are assholes." I stomped away, leaving Ember to groan in anger and annoyance. I didn't give a crap about what she thought about me.

"You're just proving my point more that she's your girlfriend." She shouted at me, sounding super petty and annoying. For a second I ignored her, hoping that I could just walk away but I couldn't.

"Well honestly, I would give anything for her to be my girlfriend but she's not, she's dating Zander and she's going through exactly what you went through. Wake up and realize that Luz is human just like all of us!" I spit the words out like venom. Maybe I shouldn't have told her that Luz is basically getting abused, but I needed to smack some sense into Ember.

"You're disgusting, just like Luz, I can't believe you would even relate me to that idiot." She had a disgusted look on her face and boy, did I want to punch her so badly. So that's exactly what I did, and I did it hard. Anger took over me and for a second this all felt familiar, like I wasn't really me at the moment.

"Don't speak about Luz like she's an awful person, you're not even half the person she is and you'll never be!" I was now pushing her to the ground as I punched her more and more. I've never been the type to get into fights but Ember pushed past the line and I couldn't control what I was doing. I was scared of myself, and so was she, the look in her eyes was utter fear.

After a couple minutes, someone pulled me away from the fight and had to turn me away from Ember to calm me down. Once I saw how badly I punched her I felt scared of myself, of what came over me. The guidance counselor, who pulled me away, looked at me concerned. Her blue eyes narrowed down to show that she was mad at me, but she was mostly concerned as to what Ember did for me to punch her.

Mrs. Park was the guidance counselor who is also Willow's aunt. We've known each other for a while which is why she was so concerned about me punching Ember. She knows that I've always been scared of any kind of violence due to my father being so abusive. This wasn't like me and we both knew it.

"Amity, what happened there? You've never punched someone, let alone that many times." She asked me as soon as I stepped foot into her office. I felt my body go limp and tears fell from my face.