Chapter Twenty-Nine - Our First Date

Luz's P.O.V

Rummaging through my closet, I frantically searched for something nice to wear. Amity had said that we should go on a date since we're officially a couple. Of course I was really excited, but I was also really anxious. I've never been on an actual date and this was with someone I really really love. I had to look amazing, be amazing, so that I could make her fall over or something.

"Okay, you don't want her to fall over." I looked in the mirror, telling myself how dumb that sounded in my head. Settling on a suit, I did my best to make myself look good. I've always been way more comfortable in a suit and tie. The sleek black material made my skin stand out and I admit that I honestly looked good.

I put on a white button up shirt, suspenders, jacket, and nice black pants. I felt more like me than I ever have in a while. I hope Amity saw how amazing I looked, I hope she doesn't think I'm weird for wearing a suit. Anxiety swarmed in my stomach as I thought about all the horrible things that could happen. It was going to be okay though, right?

"Luz, your girlfriend is here!" Eda called up to me, making my anxiety grow 100x more. I took a deep breath and looked in the mirror one last, giving myself a boost of confidence.

"I'm coming!" I quickly ran down the stairs, tripping a bit but gaining my balance. My converse shoes slapped against the wooden steps. Each step I took my anxiousness grew, causing me to feel like I needed to throw up.

"Hey Luz." I heard her beautiful voice but my eyes were screwed shut in fear of what her face would be like when seeing me. From the tone in her voice she seemed happy, so that's a good sign.

"Hey Amity." I opened my eyes finally to see her in a short black dress. The color went well against her pale skin, causing a huge blush to spread across my face. She stood there, nervously twiddling with her fingers as she stared at me.

"You look amazing." She said as a blush began to spread on her face, this seemed like one of those cheesy romance stories that I'd read. I hated yet loved how cheesy this was.

"You look so beautiful." I smiled, gazing into her eyes that shone brightly with the evening sun. My heart sped up once again as I stared at her, everything about her was just wonderful.

"Well, shall we get going?" She put her hand out, waiting for me to grab it, which I did happily. She guided me to where our first date would be at, Cracker Barrel. It was both of our favorite places to eat so we thought why not go there?

Having her hand in mine as we walked around the town was one of the most comforting things. There were a million ways that she calmed me down and holding my hand was one of them. The way she would glance at me, give me a smile, calmed me down greatly too. I'm sure she could tell I was nervous with how badly I was shaking.

The sun was beginning to set, casting a beautiful glow against the city. Kansas City was the most beautiful when it was pitch black and all the lights would be on. Taking photos of that was an amazing experience, it almost made me cry for some reason.

"Something on your mind, cutie?" No matter how many times she called me that, it always made me blush. I looked up to meet her eyes, giving her a happy smile, showing her just how excited I was to be with her.

"Nothing, just thinking about how pretty this city is." She smiled, stopping on the sidewalk to just look at me. She took both of my hands and rested her forehead against mine.

"You're seriously adorable. You adore everything, even small things, and I find that so amazing about you." With a quick kiss she began walking again. The kiss was so quick that I almost didn't realize it had happened. What she had said struck me, making my smile grow.