•One•

Pretty smiles
Deceiving laughs
And people who dream with their Eyes open
Lonely children
Unanswered cries
And souls who have given up hoping
The other thing that breaks hearts
R fairy tales that never come true
And selfish people who lie 2 me
Selfish people just like u
~Tupac

*Gon's POV

"It got to the point where I felt suicidal, and he even told me to kill myself. That no one would care if I died. And I believed him. But I was too much of a coward to kill myself so I cut places, where no one would see" he lifted up his shorts to his upper thigh.

Lines of scars were present on his milky skin. Then he lifts up his shirt.

Scars on his abdomen.

He looked away from me. Ashamed? Afraid?

"It had gotten to the point when I would nearly bleed out on my bathroom floor. My sister would walk in and call for my father. Every time I locked my door Alluka would still find a way in. The hospital suggested I get therapy. They didn't know what Kouta was doing. I never told them. I was seventeen-years-old at the time"

I wanted to hug him. I wanted to hug him and tell him that I was different.

Little tears were trapped in those big blue eyes.

I wish he would let it out. I wish I could hold him. But due to personal boundaries, I won't.

I just listened to him speak. He said Kouta would break up with him knowing that he would go back to him.

"When I told my grandfather he told my dad. He was furious. He trusted Kouta and he beat me, used me, cheated on me, was the cause of all my suicide attempts. Then he made me break up with him and made me swear that I wouldn't go back to him. Which I did... for the most part. I couldn't just leave him. I was stuck on him. It pains me to say that I stopped loving him when I was twenty. I broke up with him at nineteen"

"He just wouldn't leave" he clenches his fist as tears began to fall. With a shaky breath, he continues.

"He'd show up when I was at University and work. Eventually, I just stopped going to both. My school sent a letter. Explaining that if I don't go to school in the next month then they'll open a new spot for someone else. I started going back, and so did he. Then I got fired. I couldn't pay for Uni anymore so they gave up my spot"

He wipes his eyes and looks up at me.

His eyes are glossy and puffy.

"My parents got a restraining order on him and I haven't seen him ever since" his breathing calmed as he finished talking.

"Can I hug you?" He blushes a little but nods his head yes.

I scoot over to him wrapping my arms around him.

"You know before he did anything to me, my sister told me to leave him, that I should try to find my soulmate, and that I can do better. I called her stupid. I was the stupid one" he chuckles lightly in my neck.

I don't know what to say to this. I can't think of any words for comfort.

He just sniffles quietly and cries once again.

"It's ok, he's not here anymore," I say softly.

"Think about it this way" he looks up at me innocently. "If you didn't go through all that stuff then we probably wouldn't have met" he nods and wipes his eyes.