Chapter 16: Don't Let The Sun Go Down On Me

David's View
April 20th, 2019

"What do you mean she's not playing 'Renate'?" I asked Dexter, Matt, and Dave. "Celinde said that she had gotten a better role on another movie, she says it's "More Promising" - What ever that means" Dexter says with quotation marks. I sigh and rub the bridge of my nose with my index and thumb. "I guess we'll have to cut the scene with Elton and Renate" I groan.

"I mean unless we can find some other girl who can sing and act; well have to cut it. We have 30 days until the release." Matt told us. "I know" I tell him. "Can we find someone in 30 days?" Dave asks, I shook my head. "Maybe we can..." Elton says, "really? Who?" Dex asks, "Hendryx can!" Elton mentions.

"Uh I don't know about Hendryx, I mean  doesn't she have a lot on her plate with Dancing?" Dave asks. "Yeah but she can do it. They already did Bennie and The Jets Choreography. She can slide in and act this out" Elton replies. Dex nods  - "Okay, is she here? Can we get her in the studio?"."yes she's at the Dance Studio, I'll text her." I reply and send her a message.

Let's see how this plays out.

Hendryx's View
April 20th, 2019

"Ok so you Lift both your legs to each side when the 'feeling like a little kid' part comes" I explain to Taron. We were practicing the "I'm Still Standing" portion of the Movie.

"Then you-" I started but got cut off by a text;

Papa D 💕🇨🇦👨🏻
Dryx, come down to the Recording Studio

"What?" I say, looking at my phone, "What's wrong?" Taron asked, "Papa wants me to come to the recording studio. Usually if he needs something. He waits until I'm done." I explain

"Well I can practice some more on my own; you go ahead" he says but he gets the same text. "Never mind, we can go together" he replied and I lock the Studio door. We get to the recording Studio and Dad and Papa were there along with Dexter, Matthew and Giles.

"Um hey Dad, Papa, Dexter. Matt, Giles. What's going on?" I asked, "Well Hendryx. We need a favor from you...would you mind playing Renate?" Dexter asked, "wait what?" I replied. "We need someone to play Renate" Matt adds, "Okay...but why me though? Isn't Celinde playing Renate?" I asked, "Well she was but she cancelled the position because she gotten another job on another movie. So we're short on time and we all know you can sing and act." Papa told me.

"But I'm not an Official Actress, I can't-" I start but Dad says "please Hendryx? It would make me very proud. Please? You don't want to hurt this old soul do you?" Dad adds, Taron smiles and spoke - "Yeah come on Hendryx"

I sigh, "Okay I'll do it" I replied and they all breathe a relief sigh. "Okay, Taron - you and Hendryx get into the booths and I'll start" Giles replied and we both nod.

I got into the booth on the right while Taron got into the one on the left, I put the headphones on and read from the paper. I looked across the room and there was a choir waiting with 2 condenser microphones in front of them.

Soon The Music Starts....

Taron:
I can't light no more of your darkness
All my pictures seem to fade to black and white
I'm growing tired, and time stands still before me
Frozen here on the ladder of my life

- I soon took a quiet breathe and opened my mouth;

Hendryx:
Too late to save yourself from falling
Take a chance and change your way of life

Together:
But you misread my meaning when I met you
Closed the door
And left me blinded by the light

Choir
Don't Let The Sun Go Down On Me
(Don't let the sun)
Although I search myself
It's always someone else I see
I'd just allow a fragment of your life to wander free
But losing everything is like the sun going down on me

Soon the Recording stops and it was awesome. No retakes, nothing. We stepped out the Booths and Taron comes and hugs me. "Oh you were so awesome!" He mumbled in my neck. "Thanks. You were too" I replied, The door opens and I look and Dad gives me a hug as well. "Oh Dryxie! You were great, ah now I can see another day" He says, smiling. I chuckle,

I guess this won't be so bad

———-

Hey guys! Hope you enjoyed this chapter!

💕 Jordan