Chapter 26: Dickinson

Hendryx's View
September 10th, 2019
Windsor, England

*Beep* *Beep* *Beep* *Be-*
9:00am

"Shut up alarm!" I told my phone. I sat up and rubbed my eyes. I checked my phone and a message from Gavin;

Gavin Ayers
Good Morning! FaceTime me

I reply:

Hendryx 🌙🖤🔮
Okay

I lay back and close my eyes. Soon Papa barges in my room, "Dryx! Dryx!" He says, I soon felt the pillow next to me pulled off and I get hit with it. "Dryx!!" Papa says sternly. "Yes Papa?" I groaned into the pillow I lay on.

"Dad wants you to wash the 2 plates you left in the sink last night." Papa says. I sat up and look at him. "What plates? I didn't leave any plates?"."well there was two plates in the sink when I went downstairs. Come clean them!" He commands - I shake my head, "I didn't leave those plates, it was probably Zeppelin. He's always coming home at late night from Gwilym's House" I told him. "Come clean them" he says and leaves. I groaned - Sometimes it's hard being a female in this ALL MALE house,

I got up and went downstairs to clean them. Afterwards I went to bathroom and then on FaceTime to talk to Gavin for an Hour.

"Well I don't know Gavin. I'm not really an actress". "Well Dryx, Alena Smith and Gordon Green (the producers) on the show thought you were awesome in Rocketman and they see Potential." He said.

I moan at the idea,

"well I got you a flight for Wednesday to Los Angeles. See you in 2 days" He warns and logs off. I fall back - I don't want to do this!

"Hendryx! Breakfast Ready!" Papa called from downstairs. I groaned; I closed the laptop; grabbed my phone, and went downstairs. "Morning Hendryx" Zach and Elijah say in unison. "Morning Dudes!" I reply, ruffling both theirs heads. I see Zeppelin pouring coffee,

"sup ugly!" I smile and shove his head, "hey watch it! You almost made me burn myself with this coffee!" He cried. "Oh I'm sorry Zepp. But you made me burn myself a week ago with soup when you ran into the kitchen dressed like Leatherface!" I told him. "Oh yeah...I was just seeing if the costume fit" he lied. I rolled my eyes and poured some coffee.

"Um Hendryx, did you clean the plates?" Dad asks, "sadly" I replied, stirring the coffee. "What's wrong Dryx? You seem distant" Dad adds,  "ugh, it's just-" I start and sit at the table with my coffee. "Gavin presented me with an Acting Job" I told them. "That's great!" He replied. I smug, "but I don't act" I reassured.

"It'll be fine Hendryx. I think you can do it" Papa says, I shrug and eat some. "What is the job?" Zeppelin asked, biting some bacon. "It's a Tv Acting Job at Apple TV - the show is called Dickinson - based on the life of Writer Emily Dickinson" I say, "oh wow ... interesting" Papa and Dad said in unison. "Yeah I got a flight Wednesday to meet the Cast and Crew and also do a script read" I told them. "Well you should ask Taron to go with you" Dad said. I nod - "Maybe if he's not busy"

"Of course I can come with, I have an interview on Thursday in Hollywood anyway" Taron said on the phone. I grin "Awesome, well it's set!". "Yeah, are you excited?!" He asked. "A tiny bit - I don't act though — yes I had the bit in Rocketman but that was 5 minutes, maybe 10. This is a WHOLE TV SHOW!!" I exclaimed, nervous.

"It'll be fine, I know it well Dryx. Well I got to go Babe! I'll see you Tuesday" he says and kissed the phone. I smile and kiss back and hang up. I lay on my bed and smile - it probably won't be bad.

September 18th, 2019
Los Angeles, California
Apple TV Inc.

"So you'll be the main character of the show, you'll be Emily Dickinson and Ella will be Susan 'Sue' Gilbert ~ Your love Interest." Alana tells me. I nod - It's a Comedy with a Weird Twist. (I haven't seen Dickinson yet so I don't know how the show goes? - Jordan)

"Also You play an aspiring writer who plans on becoming the best writer you can be!" Gordon adds. "Okay" I told them. "Awesome! Here's your script, we start filming on Monday" Alana replies and her and Gordon leave Me, Taron, and Gavin. "Awesome! First Day on Monday! How cool!" Taron says. "Yes it's great. Let make take this call" Gavin says, walking out to the Hallway. "Yeah I hope it goes great" I replied with worry. I'll have to call Papa and tell him I'll be here for a week.

September 20th, 2019
Los Angeles, California
Dickinson - Day 1

"How do I look?" I asked Ella while in a top hat. "Handsome" she replied, adjusting it. I smile - "Look at me! I'm a man! I can vote! I can work! I can own property!" I said, marching around in a top hat - to Ella Hunt as she plays Sue, she laughs. "I wonder what their scared of?" She asked, "maybe if we find out how it works, we'll find a way to take it from them" I said
"hmm" Ella said, "hmm" I replied

"CUT!" Gordon says, "wow you did great" Ella replies, "thanks" I replied, adjusting the purple dress I wore. "Wow that was great!" Taron says, "thanks T, oh Taron this is Ella" I introduced. "Nice to meet you" He says, shaking her hand. "Nice to meet you to. Loved you in Rocketman and Kingsman" she replied. "Thank you" he chuckles. "Okay! Next scene, let's get ready" Gordon calls out.

It was time to go for the day, Sue, Taron, Me, & Gavin head out for the Hotel but stop for evening Coffee at Starbucks.

I just put on some sweatpants and a crop top. It was the end of the day and I was tired but I needed to study my script more. "Wasn't that awesome that Wiz Khalifa was there" Sue says, "yeah that was really cool" I say, "yeah I like some of his songs." Taron added. We soon go in and place our orders. I had my eye set on an Iced Caramel Macchiato with Extra Ice.

Afterwards we went and sat at the couches and I looked at the script a bit. I soon heard the door open and I heard a group come in of teens and adults. A Blonde Teenage Girl caught my eye the most - she had a white hoodie on with a green shirt, black leggings and Nike air shoes on. She also had a ponytail with color streaks.

"Is that...JoJo Siwa?" I asked Taron and Ella agree. She looks over this way and I look at my script. I soon hear whispers as they order their drinks and at the corner of my eyes I could see pointing. After they order their drinks, they sit. Soon I hear my name for our drinks and I go get them.

As I stood and went to get them. I grab the drink tray and head to our seats. We take our respected drinks and I start sipping mine while reading over my highlighted lines. Soon I felt someone coming my way and it was none other than JoJo Siwa. "Um hi, are you Hendryx?" She asked, I smiled - "I am"

"Well you might know me, I'm Jojo Siwa and I just wanted to say I'm a huge fan and so are my family and dancers. Could we get your autograph and picture?" She asked, I looked a mess but I didn't mind. I came to their table and signed their copies of The Melody Of It All and took photos with her, her dancers, and her Brother, Jayden.

"Thank you again Hendryx." Jojo says, "your welcome! And I love the D.R.E.A.M Tour" I told her and she gasped. I smiled

Wow, this trip is going great already!

—-

Hey guys! Sorry for not updating in a while! I hope you enjoy this chapter and I'm updating tomorrow! Promises! Stay tuned!
- Jordan.