Chapter 28: Decorating for Halloween

^ Baby Hendryx (Hailee Steinfeld) - Jordan

Hendryx's View
October 18th, 2019
Windsor, England

'And it's so Gut Wrenching...'
'Falling in the Wrong Direction'

I typed the lyrics on my laptop while Zeppelin and Gwilym were cuddling on the couch across from me. They soon kiss each other and groan. "God can you guys take that somewhere else?" I complained, looking at them disgusted. "Take it where Hendryx?" Gwilym asked. "I don't know, maybe in Zeppelin's Room" I told them.

Gwil shrugs his shoulders and looks at Zepp. "Well Zepp? Wanna go to your room?". "Why not?" Zepp replies, grinning. The two get up and head for the stairs while I roll my eyes in disgust. Soon Papa comes from the backdoor to the living room. "Okay all the decorations are out the garage and I need your Help Dryx" He says, wiping sweat from his forehead.

"Aww Papa! I got lyrics to write!!" I cried. "You already released an album! Why are you releasing a song?"he asked, he does have a point. "And where are you two going?" He asked the young couple, sneaking upstairs. "Um...the movie room?" Zeppelin lies. "The movie theater is down here..nice try! Plus I need you guys' help too" Papa replied. All three of us groan. "Oh *groans* whatever! Come help!" He says and walks to the back door. We all follow.

—-

"Okay Dryx! Just a little more to the left" Papa instructs from on the ground as I stood on the roof trying to place the Automatronic Grim Reaper on the roof, "Papa I don't think this is safe!!" I said, trying to tie the grim reaper to the tiles. "It'll be fine Dryx, just a little more to the left and push it back." He instructs. The Mansion roof was big so there were other decorations on the top.

I push it back while Dad & Zach and Elijah come from the backdoor; "David what is Hendryx doing on the roof?" He asked Papa. "Putting the Automatronic Grim Reaper on top of the house" he says. "Papa she's gonna fall" I hear Zachary say. I probably am. "She's not gonna fall" Papa told the 8 year old.

"Okay there we go Papa! Can I come down?" I asked, desperate to be on the ground, afraid of heights. "Okay come down Dryx, everything is done!" He adds. I slowly make my way to the edge of the roof but the wind kicks in —
making me loose my balance. "Okay" I whisper, I get to the edge and I almost put my foot on the ladder when the wind comes strong and makes me fall forward off the roof.

"AHH!!" I scream and fall into bushes. "Oh my god, Hendryx!" Dad cried and comes over to me while Zach, Elijah, and Zeppelin laugh. "Are you okay?" He asked, concerned and I groan. "Yeah" I said, crawling out the bushes to get up. "Okay I'm going inside" I told them and walked quickly.

Later on, I felt a little better. Papa instructed Me & Zeppelin to head to Halloween Express to get some lights for the interior of the house. We walked into the store and I am automatically greeted with a scary Automatronic. "Ahh!" I jump, Zeppelin laughs. "Shut Up! Let's get these lights!!" I told him and went to the wall that had lights. We paid for them and went back home.

We soon drape some orange lights over the stair balcony and some ghost lights over the front door. "Wow this Halloween is gonna be spooky!!" I said to Zepp. "Yeah it might" he said nonchalant. I shrugged and went to the kitchen to throw the packaging away. I wonder what I'm gonna be for Halloween? Ooh I know!! Female Beetlejuice!! That's perfect!

I went up to my room and looked up and didn't find any costumes. I groan, but I came up with a solution; I found a Black and White Striped dress from Amazon, some green hair dye, I already had some gothic makeup on my vanity but I ordered some pasty white makeup and I had boots. Wow this costume's gonna be great!!

Afterwards, I wanted to watch something scary so I played a Wansee Entertainment Animated video with the lights off, Let's get scared!

—-

Thank you guys for reading! I really appreciate that!! Sorry my story writing's been a little wonky 😔

- Jordan