Prologue

Lilli thee Journalist 📰

Present Day...

"I'm here to speak with an..", I pause to look at my files, "Armani Caesar."

I show the receptionist my badge and she writes down a room number and sends me on my way.

The walk was fairly short, and before I knew it, I was knocking on her door.

"Come in.", a small voice says and I do as told.

There she was, laying in her hospital bed. The room was completely silent except for the low volume of the tv and occasional beeps of the heart monitor.

"Hi, I'm Lilli. I'm a journalist with the local newspaper, and if it's okay with you, I would love to ask you a few questions.", I tell her and she stares blankly at me.

"Interview me about what?", she asks and I try to hand her a piece of paper.

"I can't grab it, ma'am. Did you forget that I'm paralyzed from the neck down now?" She seemed to get irritated rather quickly, but I quickly apologized.

"Um- I'm so sorry. But you're Kobe Crawford's latest victim, correct?", I ask her and she goes silent.

"...sadly."

"Well, if you don't mind me saying, your story is a good one. The public wants to know about your involvement with him. But, that's if you're willing to talk about it.", I explain.

Armani simply stares at me, making me squirm under her glare.

"Why? It's not like they're gonna catch him, I'm gonna be able to walk, my husband will be back, or my life will be back to normal."

I could feel her frustrations growing, but I persevere.

Pulling a chair up beside her angled bed, I sit down and show her a few pictures.

Each was of a different woman. They shared basic characteristics: dark skin, short, curvy.

"Who are they?", she asks me with a confused look on her face. "His dead victims. They didn't live to tell their stories, so that's why I'm here."

She goes silent again, I guess taking in the information I had just given her.

"He's still out there, probably plotting on another beautiful girl to manipulate. It's up to you to warn them, Armani.", I tell her and she finally agrees.

"Get your notebook ready and a cup of coffee. It's a long story."

-

Welcome to "The Inmate." ❤️

This book will be shorter than my other books in both chapter and word count. It will also contain some explicit content, so if you're sensitive to that, you may have to skip a chapter or 2.