The Wizard's Daughter-Chapter Twelve-Lothlorien

THE WIZARD'S DAUGHTER
CHAPTER TWELVE
LOTHLORIEN

     I didn't notice the transformation until we got outside. Everyone stood there open mouthed looking at me. "What?" I asked, looking down at myself. My wand had turned to a dark blue staff and I was now wearing a dark blue dress much like my mother's. "Am I seriously-" I trailed off, remembering what had just happened. I silently let a few tears fall, and Legolas put his hand on my shoulder to comfort me.

     "Get them up!" Aragorn told Legolas.

     "Give them a moment for pities sake!" Boromir exclaimed. He was right, Aragorn couldn't just expect the hobbits, who were on the ground crying, to just move on.

     "By night these hills will be swarming with orcs! We must keep moving to Lothlorien!" At this I perked up. I would have to deliver the news to mother. Everyone except the hobbits turned towards me. I sighed and extended my hands to Pippin and Merry.

     "Come on, be strong, be strong for him," I told them. They bit back their tears and nodded.

     "Frodo!" Aragorn shouted up to Frodo, who had already gone ahead. He turned around and we could all see his tear-stained face. We continued on to Lothlorien.

     Once we entered the forest, Gimli started to talk to the hobbits. "Stay close, young hobbits," He said. "They say an elf witch lerks in this forest, all who look upon her, fall under her spell," I sort of got mad at this, he was talking about mother.

     "Oi!" I exclaimed. "Watch it, that's my mother you're talking about!" Gimli shrunk back, but continued anyways.

     "Well here is one dwarf she won't ensnare so easily, I have the eyes of a hawk and nose of fox," He was interupted by an arrow being pointed at his head.

     "Serves you right," I said. Then Haldir, my childhood friend, stepped forward. He exchanged a few words with Aragorn when Gimli spoke up.

     "Speak words we can understand!" He spat.

     "We have not had dealings with dwarves since the dark days," He said, still calm as ever, then he spotted me.

     "Ah! Jemily!" He came up and hugged me.

     "Vedui' Haldir!" (Greetings, Haldir) I said hugging him back.

     "You carry great evil, you can go no further," He said to Frodo. "Jemily, come," I shook my head.

     "I stay with my friends," I told him. Then Aragorn pulled Haldir aside and spoke with him about letting us through.

     "Come with me," He finally said, letting us all come this time.

     We walked up many flights of stairs and apparently the elves of Lothlorien were even more stuck up then when I left. I was not to pleased about this. Suddenly we came to a platform very high up and my mother and Lord Celeborn were walking down a small flight of stairs towards us. "Ten there were set out on this quest but nine there are that come to us now," He said. "Tell me where is Gandalf for I much desire to speak with him," We all bowed our heads.
     "He has fallen into shadow," mother said. I tuned everything else out, aware that people were saying things, but I started to speak in my mind to mother.
     I am sorry mother. I told her.
     There is nothing to be sorry about, my child. She replied. You are now a full fledged wizard and you did what you had to do. You could not have saved him. I let a single tear slide down my cheek, and the real world came rushing back to me. "Come," Mother held her hand out to me. "I will bring you to your old room," She smiled. I gave her a weak smile back as I took her hand. She led me up some more stairs and into my luxurious old room. "You're friends know where you are and you know where we lodge guests," She said. "Now, you are stained in blood, you should go get yourself cleaned up," she tilted her head towards the bathing house. I nodded and walked there.

     Once I got into the lady's bathing house, I slowly got out of my new dress and got into the private pool in the back. It tinted red a little bit when I got in and I took this as a chance to examine my shoulder wound. It was a deep gash, and I was glad nobody had noticed it before. "nesta," (heal) I said, and my shoulder wound clesed and was now just a small dot, I just had to clean the blood off.

     After I was sure I was completely I changed back into my dress and walked to the area where the fellowship was staying. When I got there I Legolas, Pippin, and Boromir all said hello immediatley. I was a bit surprised at their suddeness but greeted everyone and sat down. Then the singing started. They sang about Gandalf. It brought back memories and I got up and went to my room. Once inside, I started to cry, I felt awful, then there was a knock on my door. "Yes?" I called.

     "It's me," Pippin said through the door. I got up and unlocked it. "Were you crying?" He asked.

     "Possibly," I found no point in lying. Pippin sat down on the bed next to me and rubbed my back.

     "Hello, Jemily," Boromir was at the door. I wiped my tears away immediatley. "Hey, don't cry, you're to beautiful to cry," I blushed at that comment.

     "You know right now isn't the greatest time to flirt with me," I told him, trying to lighten the mood with sarcasm in my voice.

     "What's this about flirting I hear?" Great, now Legolas was here. Boromir came over to me and sat down on the other side of me. Then Legolas noticed that I had been crying.

     "I'm sorry," I said. "I wish nobody had ever seen me like this,"

     "Hey, it's okay to have feelings," Legolas was sitting in the chair infront of my bed trying to get me to look at him. I stood up and walked away.

     "I need to go talk to my mother," I said as I walked out of my room.