| 1

| THE TITANIC |

SPENCER REID stormed into the BAU, bursting through the doors of the conference room as the heads of seven people turned.

"What the hell is going on here?!"

"Spencer, sit down—we need to regroup." Emily Prentiss ordered, sternly looking at the distressed man as she stood in the front of the room.

"We went through all of that just for Axel to run back there?!" Spencer shrieked, grabbing his head. "Where did we go wrong? I need to know, that boy isn't safe there—"

"Spencer. Calm down. We need you and your brain right now to figure out what we missed. You were the closest to Axel, you're the only one that can figure this out." The unit chief said calmly, staring at the genius as his shoulders slumped over.

He drew in a sharp breath, nodding slowly. "Okay. Okay—I'm sorry." Spencer said quickly, sitting down in a chair and rubbing his face. "Catch me up, please."

"Alright, so we know that MS-13 is a crime organization that went rogue a few years ago. Their leader, Jaxton Meyers, was arrested two weeks ago, and Axel Derricks was a said victim of this gang." Prentiss said, using the remote control to display pictures of the suspect's faces.

"According to Axel, there were several more victims held in captivation at an unknown location here in D.C., along with areas spread along the east coast. When we searched the last known location of MS-13, they were already on the move and took out 8 of our SWAT team members." Luke Alvez said, shaking his head solemnly.

"So far, there have been over 47 confirmed abductions from this group. According to Virginia PD, they've taken these people hostage and brainwashed them. These are all innocents who are being used as weapons of murder for high-status politicians and businessmen." Prentiss followed up. "They're trained assassins and hit-men."

"There have been over 100 victims, according to our apparently not-so-lovely, Axel. The sixteen year old boy, grew up in New York City in an orphanage after his parents died in a murder in 2006. He claimed he was taken by MS-13, and tortured plus brainwashed. The boy escaped, and reached out to us in helping with the investigation." Penelope Garcia added, letting out a sigh and shaking her head. "Kid was traumatized."

"Yes, and just last night, Axel—who was under our custody along with Jaxton Meyers—both escaped in a black van." Rossi said, turning his head to the monitor which displayed the two hopping inside of the vehicle.

Spencer's eyebrows furrowed. "Why would he go back to the cause of his trauma?" The man asked himself, sighing as he massaged his head. These past few weeks have been, to say the very least, stressful.

"Many cases. Stockholm Syndrome, he could've been fooling us the whole time and his goal was only to get our guard down to break Jaxton out of prison...but why? Wasn't Jaxton said to be the worst out of the gang?" Tara Lewis asked, furrowing her dark eyebrows.

Spencer thought back to the conversations he had with the kid.

"Th-they—I mean, under his rule, would strap me to a chair and repeatedly zap me...over, and over, and over again until this phrase was stuck in my head:"

"I serve for MS-13. I kill for MS-13. The world shall be rid of it's sins."

That was what Axel had said to Spencer that day he was found. And it was real—those experiences were not made up, and Spencer knew that fact immediately. He had seen the pain in the kid's eyes—and the fear—how it looked like it was slowly choking the life out of him.