| 6

- THE BATTLE -

"YOU COULD use some muscle." Aeyla commented, scanning Spencer after he'd taken off his shirt. Regardless of her own remark, she was surprised to see that he did have some muscle under there; toned abs and arms, but not ripping with buff-ness. He was just thin boned and slender, not scrawny like she had thought.

The man would've blushed at her staring, except he couldn't think of anything else but the fact that she was about to rip him into shreds. Spencer straightened himself, putting on a calm facade that hid what was really happening beneath the surface. "Red for stop. Gotcha." The man said, eager to just get it over with.

The woman hesitated, eyes flickering to Jaxton in fear that he would see her reluctance. She really didn't want to hit him—at all. But the boss was watching, and Aeyla had no choice but to charge at him, her leg kicking out into his lower stomach. Spencer groaned, stumbling backwards as she swung her fist at his face; the man immediately ducked out of the way, running behind her.

Aeyla felt his arms wrap around her torso from behind, squeezing the air around her; although the act felt more like a hug than anything else, making her almost laugh. She grabbed Spencer's arm and easily pulled it off of her, twisting it as he groaned in pain. The sound was soon muffled when she punched him in the face, his head swinging to the side as he collapsed onto the ground.

His face barely showed any pain, although the noises coming out of his mouth said different. Aeyla paused, eyes flickering to Jaxton momentarily; hoping that he wasn't noticing that she was stalling. She clenched her jaw, watching Spencer on the ground. Get up! She mentally yelled at him.

And he did, slowly getting up and staring at her with hard eyes, as if telling her to hit him again. Aeyla did, feeling Jaxton's eyes burning into the back of her head. She punched him in the lower gut, then grabbed the back of his neck to punch him again. Aeyla felt his ear hit her lips, his entire body jolting with each punch. "Why the hell aren't you fighting back?" She whispered.

"I don't want to hurt you." Spencer choked out, groaning in pain with every hit she delivered.

"That's going to get you killed here, Spencer. Hit me!" The woman ordered in a whisper, delivering more gut punches. "If you think I'm going to get hurt over a little punch, you're so wrong."

"No—I don't—want to." He said, heavily panting. "That's not the kind of person—I—am—argh!" Spencer grunted, gasping for air.

Aeyla felt her fist burn with heat, not from the pain but from the embarrassment she started to feel. Here she was, beating the living crap out of the man, while he refused to lay a single finger on her. Aeyla bit her lip, wanting to slap him for being so kind. For making her heart beat faster, and for making her blush so hard. And most of all, slap him for being so goddamn stupid.

She pressed her body close against Spencer's so that Jaxton wouldn't see, turning her back to their leader before grabbing Spencer's hand and yanking it to her own stomach with as much power as she could. Aeyla felt the pain as his fist collided with her stomach, although it wasn't as intense as she expressed it to be. She let herself collapse onto the ground with a fake grunt, biting on her tongue hard to draw blood.

Aeyla fake coughed, purposely letting the blood run down her chin. Spencer's eyes widened into saucers, frozen in place. The woman glared daggers into him, making her own legs wobble as she stood up. "Pass." She croaked out, nodding towards the exit.

Spencer stared at her with guilty and sympathetic eyes, immediately jogging off when she gave him a warning look. Aeyla turned to Jaxton, who wore a surprised expression as his eyes followed the agent out. He turned to her, eyebrows furrowed. "You alright?"