| 20

20. it's not me, it's us
18+

      AEYLA woke up in a daze—her entire
body was sore from her little rendezvous with Spencer last night. She still couldn't believe that had happened in the first place. Part of her felt guilty, for being the one who initiated it, but obviously Spencer enjoyed it as well.

Aeyla didn't think much of it—she didn't really want to, because obviously her overthinking mind would make her act weird around him. She didn't want anything to change, especially her and Spencer's relationship, because she was completely happy with the way it was.

She was happy with the friends with benefits thing, and it looked like the sex wasn't all too meaningful to Spencer, as well; he'd left the bed so quickly, as if nothing had even happened in the first place.

Although, part of Aeyla silently had hoped he could've cuddled her or something afterwards, to show that he wasn't only in it for the sex, and that he kind of liked her as well. But he didn't, and Aeyla told herself it'd be a little unfair to be offended by it.

The woman groaned, getting up from the couch and looking at the digital clock sitting on the desk next to the couch. She walked to Spencer's room, rubbing her eyes and smiling softly when she saw the long man sprawled on his bed, a leg hanging off the edge.

Spencer was almost too cute, that she didn't want to wake him up. Aeyla made her way to his side, plopping herself next to his legs and shaking his shoulders softly. "Wakey wakey..." She cooed, slapping him on the face lightly.

Spencer let out a whine, squirming before feeling around for her hand and then grasping it tightly, opening his eyes slowly. They were dazed, and bloodshot; all accompanied by a large set of dark circles looming underneath. Regardless of his state, he put a lazy smile on his face, gazing at the woman that never failed to send butterflies into his stomach.

"Geez, did you get any sleep?" Aeyla asked him, furrowing her eyebrows and moving his bangs away from his forehead.

He grunted in response, grinning stupidly at her. Aeyla felt her heart melt into a puddle, slapping his stomach to distract herself from his adorable face. "Get up." She ordered.

"You really suck." Spencer muttered in annoyance, reaching over and trying to pull the woman down to the bed—Aeyla resisted, insisting on not getting in bed with him until he gave up, whining and rolling his eyes. "I want to hug you, and you're not even letting me." He complained, and Aeyla found herself beginning to blush.

"Because then you'll never get out of bed, Spencer." She shot back. Aeyla suddenly leaned down, peering at his neck; it had a large purple mark on it, thanks to her of course. She poked it a couple of times, as if it were so go away. "Yikes."

"You're feisty." Spencer said, lifting his upper body from the bed, sitting up and slouching over. Aeyla scanned his body—seeing his hidden muscles ripple with every movement; she didn't have a moment last night to look at him closely. He turned around, craning his head to look at his scratched-up back, and then back at her with a deadpanned and accusing expression.

"Shut up." She said.

Spencer only chuckled softly, sitting there and rubbing his head. He paused, slowly looking at her, his own eyes confused and apprehensive. "So, um..." he started.

"What?" Aeyla asked, grinning at him. "Are we really going to have to discuss it every time?"

"You're right..." Spencer bit his lip, only nodding slowly as he realized that there were definitely going to be more of those "times." It felt wrong—because he already knew he had feelings for this girl. And if she wasn't willing to date him, or like him back—having sex with her was good enough...for now. Spencer was fine with it; he told himself that it'd be easy to adapt.