| 29

29. kids can't babysit kids

     "SPENCER! Micheal is crying again!"
Aeyla shouter from the kitchen, groaning and scrubbing the various pots and pans violently.

"I don't understand, I gave him Shakespeare to read, why is he crying?!" Spencer shrieked, frantically running around the dining area like a chicken without its head.

"Spencer, he's two years old you dumbass!" She yelled back, gritting her teeth. "Gosh, why do I have to do the dishes?!"

"When the hell are JJ and Will coming back?!" Spencer huffed with frustration, running to the wailing blonde baby that sat in the high chair and awkwardly patting his head. "Come on kid, shut up." He whispered pleadingly.

"Don't tell the baby to shut up! Henry, can you help uncle Spence with your brother, please?" Aeyla asked loudly to young boy that sitting in the living room. Much to her luck, he was completely immersed in his video games, only responding with one word.

"No." Henry plainly replied, and she rolled her eyes in response.

"Mama! Want mommy!" Micheal screamed on the top of his lungs, throwing a lego block at Spencer's face. Aeyla turned around just in time to witness it all happen, unable to keep the cackle from leaving her lips.

"Ow!" He shouted. Spencer turned and shot his girlfriend a glare before raising both of his arms in surrender. He slowly backed away from the shrieking child, pointing at Aeyla. "I'm out. Your turn."

"Spencer, seriously—" She huffed, drying her hands quickly and running to Micheal. "Your mommy will be home soon, just—here!!" Aeyla yelled with frustration, stuffing a toy into the infant's mouth.

"Aeyla, that's not for oral use!" Spencer chastised, fishing the object out of the toddler's mouth before he could choke on it.

"How was I supposed to know that?! Where's that thing that they use to shut them up—" Aeyla asked and looked around, tripping on the  toys and nearly toppling over. She groaned and balanced herself, grabbing her neck in pain. Her injury wasn't fully healed yet.

"Are you okay, baby?" Spencer asked with concern, immediately running to her. The man let out a shrieked when tripped on the same toys she almost did, collapsing onto the ground with a loud thump. "Fuck!" He cried out in pain.

The sight of Spencer on the ground made Micheal stop crying immediately, before erupting in a fit of giggles. Aeyla snorted with amusement, bending over to help the man up while laughing. Spencer's face was contorted in pain and annoyance, and he got onto his feet, huffing at the both of them.

"Why did JJ let us do this?" She asked him, rubbing her neck. "She could've asked anyone." Aeyla scoffed.

"I don't freaking know." Spencer groaned, pointing at the woman. "You can't even feed yourself, how do they expect us to feed and take care of two kids for one night—"

"I can absolutely feed myself!" Aeyla protested, elbowing him in the side.

"Ow! Yesterday, you told me that your neck didn't allow you to angle your head to spoon yourself properly, so you made me feed you for the entire day!" Spencer shot back sassily, putting his hands in his hips.

She rolled her eyes with a smirk. "I was just lazy, and I was testing your loyalty to me." Aeyla said haughtily, "you passed, by the way."

"Well no shit. Thanks for making sure that I'd make a good slave." He said with attitude.