Coincendences

Namjoon

The ride back into town is dead silent. Only the wind coming through the windows and our own thoughts to kill the awkward atmosphere.
I'm not dense. I'm not naive in any way when it comes to Park Jimin. This meant nothing to him. I know better than to get my hopes up. If anything this was a pity fuck. His way to show gratitude for helping and defending him.
Fuck, I can't believe all that shit happened to him. You'd never know the things he's been through by looking at him. He's strong. Much stronger than he gives himself credit for.
Although it obviously costed him everything, he left his only family and home to keep his freedom. He left the abuse and suffering even though it left him alone and broke.
Sure, he had Jungkook but I sense it was originally hard for him to go there and pretend everything was alright. How had Jungkook never known Jimin was a beta, though? Such a mystery. I figured he'd have been able to sense he wasn't a true alpha.
      And me...
He survived me and my psycho brother as well. I put him through so much shit—making his life a permanent nightmare when I forced him to get pregnant and coerced him to keep it—and yet he still took it in stride and moved on with his life, being a great single parent in the end.
     I'm a piece of shit. I really am. I knew he didn't like me. I knew he was scared of me. I still used his weaknesses against him and forced him every fucking time. Often I would tie him down on the bed just to get my way. Blindly use money he desperately needed to hold him in my arms.
Yeah, I deserve all the pain and suffering coming for me now. It's my penance. I wish he'd tell me the other guy's name so I could go fucking kill him. Rip his throat out, maybe dominate and abuse him in the same way he tried to do to a young and vulnerable Jimin.
It's the least I could do.
He won't talk to me now. I shouldn't have let this happen. I was weak, though. As soon as his breath touched my lips, I knew I was done for. I know without a doubt I'd do anything he could ask of me. I'm whipped to a ridiculously embarrassing degree.
As long as it makes Jimin happy...I won't deny him anything. If my body can help him in some way feel better then I will willingly give that to him—no strings attached.
It's only fair, really.
I don't deserve to get anything out of it. It's just for him. I can't allow myself to get lost in the pleasure of his body, again, however. I need to stay in the right mind to pay attention to his needs.
"Jimin—"
"Can we not talk about earlier, please?" His voice is low and desperate.
Licking my lips, I nod. "I was just going to let you know that we're back at Jungkook's place. Would you like me to take Ryujin back home with me so you can get some rest?"
His shoulders slump and he nods meekly. "If you could? Jaehyun wants to go on a date..." He sounds upset.
I don't comment, just silently get out of the car to pick up our daughter. She's sleeping when Jin hands me her already strapped into her car seat. Thanking him, I buckle her into the backseat and drive Jimin back to his place.
He looks at me for a long time but inevitably gets out without saying anything. I feel a distance growing between us. One that I'm sure will keep getting bigger and bigger. I have no right to complain.
Groaning and knocking my knuckles on my head, I scold myself. Driving quickly back home, I tuck Ryu into her little bed before walking to Tae's room and tapping on the door. With no answer, I peak inside to see no one around.
Frowning, I call out for him. I notice after a moment the sound of water and realize he's showering.
I'll just talk to him later...
Turning back and reaching over to flick off the light, I pause when his phone tumbles to the floor. Cursing, I quickly pick it up and set it down only to notice it blowing up with messages.
I don't want to pry. I really don't care...but.
But.
The messenger app is already open and I can see the messages are flirty and sexual in nature.
Curious as to who Tae has been messing with lately, I glance through them but the only name that appears is the name J. That's it. Hm.
Apparently that's the only person he's been talking to. Why is he keeping it a secret from me? I figured he'd want to rub his new love interest into my face since I'm doomed.
Shaking my head, I place the phone down and leave to my own room. I'm tired and I really need a good shower. The smell of Jimin is still all over me and it won't do any good to keep reliving those memories. I need to erase it from my body and mind as fast as I can.

"Hey, asshole—did you touch my phone?!"
I open my eyes with a scowl to see Tae hovering over me angrily with his screen shoved in my face.
Groaning, I knock his hand away and sit up, rubbing my neck. Shit, I fell asleep. "What?"
"The screen is cracked! You dropped it? What the hell!"
I look at the phone more closely. The screen really did crack. "Sorry. It fell off the dresser when I was turning off the light. I was looking for you." Sighing, I rub my face. "I'll have it repaired."
He pouts. "I can't reply to my admirer now. He might get tired of waiting for me and move on."
I raise a brow. "Then he doesn't deserve you. If he really likes you then he'll learn patience, right?"
He plops down beside me and rests his head on my shoulder. "I guess but not everyone is like that. It's hard trying to find a decent mate. I'm not looking for perfect—just someone that only looks at me and makes me cum."
I flinch, gagging. "Didn't need to know that."
He scoffs. "Are you fucking kidding me? Do you know how many times I kissed Jimin with the taste of your cock in his mouth? How many times he fucked me while your semen dripped onto my body from his ass? There is no real boundaries between us, don't you think? I feel like I've already slept with you..." He shudders in disgust. "I'm still traumatized and I didn't even get any benefits out of all my suffering! I didn't get the guy or the baby!"
I stare at him in shock at the outburst. He isn't wrong, it's just... "I'm really sorry, Taehyung, that I did all that to you. I should have never involved you with my pursuit of Jimin or demanded you do all that for me."
He hesitates, looking away. "I suppose I wasn't so innocent. I did it of my own free will. You never really forced me. I was so desperate for you attention and love that I did stupid things we all regret."
Sighing, I run my fingers through his hair, smiling softly. "So who's this mysterious J?"
He blushes. "I met him at a coffee shop a few months ago."
Taehyung can actually blush?!
"Mhm, really? I need to meet him to make sure he's worthy of my needy attention seeking little brother."
He laughs. "He's really nice and good looking. He's in college. He tells me I'm the most beautiful omega he's ever seen." He looks love struck. "I want to...bond with him. Mate with him officially. He says he wants to wait until he graduates first, though."
"Have you told him about that." I wave towards his neck and our bonding Mark.
He rubs it absentmindedly. "Yes. He's seen it, of course. I didn't tell him it was from my hyung, though. That sounds too weird and he might get the wrong idea. I just said I was no longer with that mate and wanted to move on. He seems fine with that."
I nod slowly, taking it all in. Tae has a glow about him. I like it. He seems happy. "And his name is J?" I ask, skeptical.
He bites his lip. "He likes to go by that. His real name is Jaehyun."
My smile slips a bit.
    Jaehyun? What are the odds...