Mime Bomb x Female Reader Pt. 1

Requested by CookieEvil

Reader POV

You glance around nervously at your new room mates, barely able to keep yourself from biting your nails-an anxious habit. There were six of them, two other girls and four boys. You study each of them as they walk to their respective bunks, your Y/E/C eyes following the quietest boy. He looked pretty shy, his wirey red hair adding to the dorkiness of his braces. He walked with a confidence you wouldn't have thought that he would have, unless you saw it for yourself.

The auburn haired girl looked the friendliest after him, then a young man with spiked brown hair and dimples. The latter were talking, probably making introductions, and you head over to them. They see you, and the girl smiles.

"Hi, I'm Black Sheep," she says brightly.

"The name's Graham." The guy holds out his hand, and you shake it.

"Y/N. Nice to meet you."

Mime Bomb POV (First Person)

I watched as the girl, Y/N, introduced herself to Black Sheep and Graham. I had listened when they all said their names, but no one had bothered to ask mine. And honestly, I wanted to keep it that way. Talking wasn't exactly my forte, it never had been. I felt no reason to change that now.

Until she walked up to me and spoke.

"Hi, I'm Y/N, but you probably already knew that, didn't you? I saw you watching everyone as they came in. To know who you're dealing with, right?" Y/N came and sat next to me on my bed, then noticed my terrified expression and quickly stood back up. "Right, sorry. Personal space, I get that."

I wanted to say that it was fine, I really did. But my mouth immediately shut down and my eyes widened.

Nothing would come out.

She gave a wavering smile, attempting to keep up a conversation. "Coach Brunt really made the whole phone thing pretty clear, huh?"

I could do nothing but gulp and give a tiny nod.

Her smile brightened, to my relief, and she offered her hand. "We're gonna need friends in this place, I think. So... I'll be yours."

I shook her hand, which was soft and warm, and gave a nervous smile of my own.

"What's your name, anyway?"

My throat tightened again, and I grabbed a notepad off of my nightstand, scribbling my name down with a pen.

Y/N read it, then met my eyes. "Can you speak, Peter?"

It felt good to hear someone say my name, and there wasn't a single hint of mocking when she asked about my capabilities. I nodded slightly, then somehow managed to squeak out, "Not a fan, though," I whispered.

Her striking eyes widened, and her face broke into yet another grin. "I understand that. It's nice to meet you, Peter."

I felt a blush crawl across my face, then nodded again.