Boston, Payment for Lydia

Carmen Sandiego leaned nonchalantly against the hot brick wall, swiping slowly at the screen of her phone. In two minutes, a man wearing a green shirt would walk past, and her instructions were to follow him. She sighed heavily, nervous. This meeting needed to go perfectly, or else several things will have not been worth it.

"Snap out of it," she muttered, shifting slightly and going back to her phone. Her appearance needed to be kept up. Otherwise, the man wouldn't allow her to follow.

Green Shirt Man POV

Ryker "Rhino" McConnell was a tall, burly man in his late 20's. This was his seventh job as an official member of "Shock Head" Eddie's gang, and it was important. He hadn't been given many specifics, but the potential buyer he was meeting would help to fund the next several months of business.

He rounded the corner, silently cursing the hot, Boston sun. Summer was the worst season, and Rhino was wearing thick pants and combat boots. Not exactly cool clothing for mid-day. "This better be worth it," he growled under his breath, tattooed fist curling slightly. He took another corner, and there she was.

The buyer was a young woman of South American descent, or so he had been told. So far, she matched the description perfectly. Red high top converse, auburn hair, red hoodie. Her striking gray-blue eyes were cool and calculating, even as she stared lazily at her phone. There was just one thing missing... Ah- there.

The woman glanced at him as he continued to walk, and Rhino could see the gleaming triangle pendant on her choker. This was her, at least by appearance. If she gave the signal, he'd know for sure.

Carmen POV

Carmen waited until the man was about three feet  away before tugging gently at her earring, as if the stud was irritating her.

The man gave the tiniest of nods, but didn't stop, and he walked past her with a gruff "good afternoon, miss" before continuing on. Carmen waited a few seconds for him to be out of sight, then tucked her phone away and followed after him a safe distance behind.

Carmen found herself seated at a dimly lit table, about half an hour later. On the other end of it sat "Shock Head" Eddie, a compact man of about 40 years. His grizzled mohawk was dyed an electrifying gray, which is where he got his name.

She knew how this worked. Either give them the money or do business with them, or get out before they could pound her into the ground for wasting their time.

"So," Eddie started, his heavy accent thick and familiar. "You want something from me. What?"

"Nothing," Carmen answered.

He raised an eyebrow, lips tightening.

"I'm here to pay off a few debts. These two owe you, right?" I took a photo of Zack and Ivy out of my pocket, sliding it across the table. "Tell me how much."

Eddie's eyes narrowed as he fingered the photo. "I remember them. They did not deliver." He glanced up at Carmen, angry. "Have you been protecting them?"

She narrowed her eyes right back. "They work for me, so, yeah."

"Business?"

"International Super Thief," she replied cooly.

A pause went around the room.

Eddie leaned forward on the table and snorted. "You? You do not look the type."

Carmen shrugged. "That's what makes me the best."

"You steal for your own gain?"

She shook her head, remembering that Eddie also disapproved of such antics, at least when anything stolen was used for bad purposes. "I steal only for the gain of others."