Gray POV (After Mind Wipe)- A life Away From VILE Pt.1

Requested by XxZombie4ChocolatexX

"Just a light tingling sensation, and then, happy days."

A flash of light, and then...

Well, nothing.

Graham sat up and rubbed his head, screwing his eyes shut. Who said that? What did they mean, happy days?

And where in the heck am I?

"Oh, Graham, you're awake!" A peppy young woman smiled brightly at him from the doorway, her chocolate brown ponytail falling over the shoulder of her white nurse's blouse. "Don't worry, I'll be right back with Dr. Jameson. I'm sure you're just full of questions. Oh!" She scowled and then smiled apologetically. "Sorry, I've already been talking too long. I'll be right back, Graham!" And then she was out the door with a swish of her dark hair, her British accent bouncing around the room.

Graham blinked, then groaned and flopped back down. I'm in a hospital, by the looks of it. Which didn't make any sense, of course. Except for the gradually residing pounding in his head, nothing felt wrong. In fact, he felt rather rested. Just last night he had been at his niece's dance recital, right? He hadn't even been lighting that show, what could've possibly happened?

"Ah, there he is! 'Ole "Mister Sparky" himself!" A man with a blonde buzzcut in a white doctor's coat pushed open the door, the nurse right behind him. "How are you feeling, son?"

Graham glanced between the two of them. "...Fine, honestly."

The man -whom Graham guess was Dr. Jameson- nodded and came over to him. "That's to be expected. But tell me Graham, what's the last thing you remember?"

He frowned, propping himself back up onto his elbows. "I... was just thinking about that, actually. I was at my niece's dance recital last night, then went to dinner with my family. Her name is Brittney."

Jameson narrowed his eyes, then flipped a clipboard out and scribbled something down on it. "Thank you, Graham. I'm going to go speak with your parents now. Charlie here will help you get comfortable."

The nurse waved enthusiastically with another bright smile.

"W-wait, my parents are here? May I speak with them?" Feeling suddenly anxious, Graham sat up, rigid, and was prepared to beg. "I... I need to see them."

The older man's face softened. "I can understand that, but I need to speak with them first, alright? I promise, everything will make sense soon."

Graham bit back tears. "B-but why does it feel like something is missing? Why did you ask when I last remember? What year is it? What happened to me?" He was shouting by this point, and had to force his hands to loosen from where they were gripping the edges of his hospital bed.

Charlie rushed to his side making soothing noises, her big blue eyes worried and sad. "I need you to take deep breaths, Graham. You're starting to hyperventilate."

He pulled back from her and spat, "Don't talk to me like that, I don't know you."

She froze, mouth slowly closing as she backed away. But the look on her face...

Graham swallowed. "I... I do know you, don't I?" he whispered.

The nurse only nodded as she stared to the floor before suddenly looking back up with a forced smile plastered over her face. "But, enough about me. I'm here to help you."

This was going to be along, awkward few minutes.

"Graham!"

"Mum!"

The young Aussie's mother embraced him tightly, her warm arms encircling him as he burrowed his face into her shirt. "I'm so glad you're alright, darling. Your father and I were so terribly worried about you."

"I'm sorry," he murmured, hugging her tighter. He felt like a little kid again in his mother's arms. He couldn't remember the last time that had happened. "I didn't mean to scare you."

She leaned back and cupped his face as his dad came up to place a loving hand on his shoulder. "I know, darling. I know."

Graham smiled and rubbed away tears. "I'm so confused. What happened?"

His parents looked at each other, then to Dr. Jameson.

"Please."

His mum sighed, then planted a kiss on his forehead. "From what we've heard, darling, you had a little accident at your electrician job at the Opera House. No one saw it happen, but a coworker of yours -said his name was Jean Paul- found you and called Emergency Triple Zero. And, darling... why didn't you come see us when you got back from America?"

Graham's eyebrows shot up. "America?"

Her brown eyes darkened. "That's right, you don't remember."

"What do you mean? Mum, Dad, what aren't you telling me?"

"Darling, you said that the last thing you remember is Brittney's dance recital?"

He nodded.

"That was almost a year and a half ago."

And... I'm back! Requests will be opening back up on June 7th. Thank you so much for your patience! :)