Mime Bomb x Female Reader Pt.3

Reader POV

You wake to a dull throbbing in your left arm, a massive headache splitting under your face. Groaning, you force your eyes open, immediately regretting the action when the bright florescent lights shove themselves against your irises. Well, this officially sucked. Whatever... this was.

"Y/N! Oh my gosh, Y/N, you're awake!" The door to the room you're in suddenly bursts open, and a girl with short auburn hair bursts in right along with it. It takes you a second to remember her name...

"Black Sheep!" You exclaim happily, struggling to sit up a she rushes to your side. She forces you to lay back down, then strangles you with a hug, being mindful of your arm.

Black Sheep leans back, taking you in with her piercing gaze. "How are you feeling?"

You grimace. "My head is killing me," you mutter truthfully, "and I currently want to chop off my arm. Seriously, what does it take to get some painkiller around here?"

Your best friend laughs -a bright, full sound- and walks around to the other side of your bed. "There's a drawer over here, I'll raid it for you. Maybe we'll get lucky. And- oh, you have other visitors." Her voice tenses, and she motions to the open door. You glance to it, seeing two boys. One with brown hair and dimples, the other with red hair and chalky blue eyes.

You blink at them awkwardly, once again confused as to why you were even in this room. "Um... I'm sorry, but do I know you two?"

Black Sheep POV

"Um... I'm sorry, but do I know you two?"

I freeze in place, my hand going still in the medicine drawer beside Y/N's bed. I turn my head to stare wide-eyed at her, then to Gray and Peter in the doorway. They, too, had stiffened, Gray's face wearing an expression of confusion, while Peter's sported terror and guilt. I'm sure my own mirrored both of theirs, and I reached to lightly lay my hand on Y/N's thigh.

Her eyes turn to me, questioning. "Y/N? Don't you recognize them? Gray and Peter?" I ask slowly, trying to sound comforting.

"...Am I supposed to?"

My lips curl into a frown, and her eyebrows quirk up slightly upon seeing this. I look back to Peter. His already pale face is white as a sheet, the blood seeming to have drained from it as soon as Y/N addressed him and Gray. "Yes," Peter says quietly, shocking Gray and I. We'd barely ever heard a word out of him before now. "Yes," he said again, taking a step towards the door. "You know me. And I'm sorry."

The three of us gaped after him as he fled, the evident tears of frustration spilling over from his eyes.

Mime Bomb POV

Memory loss.

Y/N had a concussion that had affected her memory, and it was my fault.

I walked briskly down the dim, green-lit hallways of VILE academy, hugging myself tightly. I had started styling my hair recently -per persuasion of Y/N, of course- but I felt a few of the red strands droop back into my face, as if they were heartbroken right along with me.

The look in her eyes when she saw me bounced around in my head. It wasn't familiarity, or softness, or lo-

Well... I could tell it was the gaze of someone greeting a stranger.

I cursed myself for leaving so quickly. Maybe if I had stayed, the three of us could have tried to help her remember. Black Sheep, Graham... and me. I shook my head even as I thought this. I was a coward. Especially when it came to Y/N. I could never do anything right- never found how to impress her, or make her laugh so hard she cried like Black Sheep did.

Wait. Impress her?

Wouldn't that mean that I...

I shook my head again, slapping myself in the head for extra measure. Stop it Peter. She doesn't even know who you are, anymore. Whatever you had with her...

It's gone.

----

I watched as my six classmates exited Dr. Bellum's lab in their new costumes, YN among them. They chatted and laughed together happily, every once in a while shouting out their new code names. Jean Paul to Le Chèvre. Antonio to El Topo. Sheena to Tigress. Gray to Crackle... and I couldn't hear what Y/N had chosen for herself.

I had picked out my name, too. I edged closer to them, breathing out a sigh of relief when Sheen- Tigress, noticed me and barked for me to tell them my new code name. The rest of my friends turned, Black Sheep's eyes lighting up upon seeing me, while Y/N's stayed wary and unrecognizing.

"The quiet guy from class," El Topo murmured, his expression neutral. He, his boyfriend Le Chèvre, and Tigress had never caught onto my real name, even when Black Sheep shouted it to the entire cafeteria after Y/N's accident.

"Hellooooo?" Tigress snapped, stepping closer. "Code name?"

I resisted the urge to scowl at her, then tapped my wrist with a grin and used my hands to imitate a bomb exploding and raining debris down.

"Ugh, he is so weird," Tigress grumbled, but both Black Sheep and Y/N looked like they were thinking about it. They suddenly perked, glancing at each other before pointing to me.

"Mime Bomb!" They exclaimed in unison, matching smiles lighting their faces

My heart fluttered, and I hoped none of the others could see the blush under my face makeup. I gave my best smirk, tilting the beret on my hand and backwards-moon walking away. When I reached the end of the hallway, I cracked my eyes open to see Y/N still watching me. Before I could stop myself, I winked, almost instantly feeling mortified.

But I stopped when Y/N's eyebrows rose in surprise, her eyes filling with sudden clarity as her mouth moved to form my name. Peter...?

A grin split my face, and I nodded to her before turning the corner.

Maybe she wasn't lost to me, after all.

THE END