Young Shadowsan POV- Hunting a Wolf Pt. 1

Requested by CantCuffMeButImWifey

The month of February, 1999

Buenos Aires, Argentina, South America

Young Shadowsan POV

The shadows were moving too slow for my liking.

I frowned at them and the many crevices they appeared from, silently willing the sun to sink faster and hoping my target wouldn't show himself until I had more room to work. I hissed through my teeth in annoyance, one hand gripping my sword as I ran the other through my hair. I hadn't exactly been excited for this mission. Professor Wolfe, whenever he had been in class, had always been my favorite teacher of VILE Academy.

And now I had to kill him.

I caught sight of a brightly colored bus heading towards the small stop I was hidden by and edged myself a bit farther into the shade as it rumbled up, spitting smoky exhaust. My nose wrinkled at the foul smell, but I forced in a deep breath in attempt to calm my nerves. The door opened to show Dexter Wolfe himself, and as a shudder went through me, I realized just how unprepared I was for this.

How could I possibly put a blade through the heart of a man that had taught me so much? The shaggy hair, the cutting jawline- it was all so familiar. I was accustomed to it. I had looked forward to his class. I had excelled in it.

Stay calm, Suhara, I found a part of me seething to myself. Remember Coach Brunt's words.

"No one leaves VILE, Shadowsan. No one," she had hissed, the dim lighting casting long shadows over her face.

I gulped, ran a comforting finger over the handle of my sword, and slowly sunk over the rooftops of Buenos Aires as Professor Wolfe began his journey to wherever he now seemed to call home.

The Argentinian villa was large and painted with light browns and soft whites, the roof a burnt-red stucco. I crouched under an archway that decorated a flower-lined balcony, my eyes strained on Wolfe as he strolled casually into the house, a duffel bag slung over his shoulder. I had been instructed to dispatch him as soon he was in a secluded enough location, but something stopped me from immediately leaping through a window and holding my sword to his neck. Several somethings, actually.

Straight to the point wasn't exactly my style. I wanted to scope out the building, check escape routes, search for any extra personnel on sight. I knew I was stalling for the inevitable.

But I still wasn't sure I could do it. For the first time in years, the fearful and irrational side of me won, and I found myself scaling a wall to crouch the most comfortably I could underneath a window sill in the back of the house. I would wait for dark. I would stay awake and watch him through windows and doors and gasp in the walls to make sure he didn't leave.

But I wouldn't go in.

And I didn't know why.

The night crept apon me from the distance, the blazing sun finally resting as the moon took its place, a bright imprint in the sky that could either hinder my work or help it.

Within minutes I had found the balcony to Professor Wolfe's room. He was in his normal street clothes still, with his shoes discarded. I ducked behind the curtains and breathe a silent prayer of thanks as the clouds hid the moon's brightness for just a moment. Wolfe seemed to be tidying up something on a nightstand, and my eyes narrowed as he simply lay down on the bed and went still. He really was just going to go to sleep? He must really... feel safe...

Is that a crib?! My eyes had caught on a structure by his bed that was hidden by the shadows, but with the moon sliding back out-

No, it's not possibly a crib. Not with a baby. That wouldn't make any logical sense. Where would he have gotten a child? Kidnapping was never his style...

I shook my head, refusing to believe it. I couldn't see it clearly, anyway.

But logically, now would be the time to strike. But I could imagine opening the door, and taking my sword out of its sheath with a quiet shing. Would I freeze upon seeing his face? What if he woke up? Why was this hard?

In the morning. I will no longer be a coward in the morning.

B A M
FIRST CHAPTER AFTER GOING OFF HISTUS, DONE!!!

THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH FOR YOUR CONSTANT SUPPORT AND PATIENCE! IT MEANS THE WORLD TO ME

ALSO-

HOLY CRAP

WE'RE ALMOST AT 40,000 READS???? I CANT- COMPREHEND

SHSHHSHSHSVSJSHSJSHJDJS I LOVE YOU GUYS ❤️❤️❤️❤️