Gray x Actress! (Female) Reader Pt. 2

Reader POV

You stare out of the plane window in dismay, your Y/E/C eyes strained on the white sail-like roof of Sydney's famous opera house. If had been a long, draining flight the entire way, and seeing his city come into view didn't help with your headache. Nor did the bright sun, or its glare off of the water far below.

Sighing, you slump back in your seat, only to straighten back up with a bright smile when your boss walks past on his way to talk to a different actor. He barely glances at you, but you know that he'd seen your smile. You needed every excuse these days to stay in the movie business, even if you were only making them for yourself. As soon as the producer didn't need you, he would throw you out, and you couldn't let that happen.

You'd just have to stay bright and happy and beautiful.

Even if every second brought you closer to Graham, which filled you with dread.

Just like how every second away from him filled you with sorrow.

Gray(Graham) POV

Gray found himself twitching nervously backstage, even though he wast just getting ready to light another opera. Same old, same old, right?

Right.

He nodded vigorously to himself, it only to get him pumped up again about tonight's show. They were doing Carmen again, and, if his luck still held, he'd see another beauty tonight. Only this time, it wouldn't be a flirty globe-trotting thief.

Hopefully, this time, it might be Y/N.

The chances were small, he knew. Too small, really. But he would take them. Maybe she wouldn't show, and that would be okay. Even if they didn't film a scene using the Opera House, just the fact that he was aware of her presence somewhere close by was more than enough to make him delighted and love-sick all over again.

Gray sighed. He almost missed feeling love-sick.

No, actually, there was no almost. He did miss it. And he missed Y/N. He'd just have to  be patient, and eventually work his way to where he could see her.

Even if it took forever.

"Hey, mate! Get on over here!"

Gray turned to see Jared waving at him, his friend's blue eyes twinkling.

"Bro, you're distracted. Come on, I'll introduce you to my girlfriend! She's on stage for a bit."

Gray just sighed, rolling his eyes with a smile, and followed.

Reader POV

You climb out of bed, groggy and disoriented. Last night hadn't gone well for you, and you had ended up drunk on your hotel floor, sobbing incoherently. You don't remember how you got to your bed, but then again, you also didn't really care.

A pounding headache was working its way up your skull, and you jump into the shower, letting the steaming water rinse the sour taste of alcohol from your mouth.

Dressed and ready for the day, you finally feel back on your feet, until a text from your boss pings your phone.

Head to the Opera House. The crew's meeting there at two.

You blink. Was it really that late? How long had you been asleep? You read the message again, and a familiar nausea hits you. The Opera House. The Opera House.

No. No, no nonononononono. You couldn't do it. Just no. Graham worked there. If you saw him now, you'd fall apart. You'd been seeing him in your dreams, and they had been sweet at first. But dreams quickly turned into nightmares, and your own words to him often seemed to swallow you whole.

"I can't be with you, Graham. I have a job to do. A life to live. You're just a...a liability to me at this point. I'm sorry, but please don't chase after me."

No "I love you".

No "I just need to figure myself out". Because that's what it had really been.

You knew that there had been more emotion in the sentence than you could remember, but if you tried to bring it back, it could break you. Would break you.

So instead you just put on different clothes, a simple blue dress that you knew only you could really pull off. You put your Y/H/C into a braid, then grab your bag and head out the door.

Time to embrace the heartache.

And to embrace your failure.