Player - "Hit and Miss" Pt. 1

Requested by wolfiemoon1903
Warning: Blood

Player POV

Running.

Stumbling through the trees.

Rain dripping down his soggy jacket.

Blood on his parents' bodies-

No. Just running. Only running.

Away from them. Away from the monsters. Away from VILE.

Airport. I need to get to the airport. I don't have my phone to call Carmen, but I've had plans for a plane in a situation like this for a while now. The pilot won't even ask questions. I'll be fine.

I'll be fine. I'll be fine. I'll be fine. It was his chant, his personal mantra in his head as he tore through the forest. Branches scratched him. The wind buffeted against his side, which throbbed with each step. Lingering smoke irritated his eyes. The hard dive in a waterproof bag thumped against his legs.

Keep going.

Don't look back.

I'll be fine, I'll be fine, I'll be fine, I'll be fine...

Carmen POV

A knock at the door.

Carmen shot up in bed, chest heaving as the dull thud of wood echoed through the warehouse in a consistent beat. She threw off the covers, treading lightly out into the main room, finding Shadowsan already awake and beside the door, sword in hand. He shook his head- a signal that he couldn't see who it was. Carmen narrowed her eyes, placing a hesitant hand on the handle, but a soft voice stopped her.

"Carmen? Red?"

She stood stock-still for a moment before flinging the door open, throwing herself to the younger boy in front of her. There were hello's and questions hurriedly answered, but Carmen froze when she stepped back to look at him. "Player...?" His clothes were stiff with dried blood, and it looked fresh coming from under his shirt.

He shoved past her into the warehouse, thumping heavily onto the couch with a groan. Shadowsan appeared with the first aid kit, Zack and Ivy trailing behind him with wide, sleepy eyes. Carmen got to work, allowing herself to slip into a numbness as she ordered Player's shirt off and winced at the gash on his abdomen. "Player..." she said again, questioning what had done this to him.

He just shook his head, his eyelids drooping with exhaustion. "VILE," he muttered softly, sadness echoing in his words. Everyone stiffened, but Player had already gone under.

IM SO SO SO SORRY THAT IT WAS SO SHORT AND SO LATE

I'm hoping updates will be getting better now!

Thank you for reading! ❤️