Episode One, Part 4:

R e a l   o r   N o t   R e a l

"If you let us go, I'll give you Elara." Sol declared. 

"No!" 

"What the hell, Sol!?" 

"No way!" 

As Ares, Wynn and Kodiak yelled across as Sol, she turned to face them - as if to observe their responses, and kicked the scalpel over to Dreea. 

With everyone focusing on what the boys were yelling at their Nobel, no one paid attention - nor heard - what Sol and Dreea were doing. 

Sol turned back to face Rogue, quickly continuing to speak so she could draw his attention her way, and not leave Dreea in direct view of him. 

"I'll hand her over if you promise to leave my people alone. All of my people." She set her terms clear, trying to make it seem as though she was going along with it, prepared to do anything if it meant the people in the room with her would survive. 

As Rogue's attention drifted back to Sol, debating her conditions, Dreea snuck her hand forward and pulled the scalpel into her grip, quickly retreating her arm back behind her. They were lucky that Sol knew her so well; there wasn't a single knot or rope that Dreea couldn't free herself from. With the rate at how quickly Riders had to tie them up whilst Rogue found Sol, they didn't even come close to making it difficult for her to escape from. 

Cautiously, Dreea moved fingers to the side, edging the scalple closer to the hands of the boy next to her. Bas looked over slightly, wondering what she was doing, but he noticed that Dreea seem to shake head ever-so-slighty in his direction, refusing to look at him. 

The boy was still unsure at what she was trying to do, but he trusted her, and knelt there completely still as Dreea slowly began to cut through the ropes on his hand. 

Once they were lose enough, Bas began to tug his hand free, and Dreea pulled the blade away so he wouldn't be cut. She looked to her right where it was only Atlantis, weighing out the risks if they got caught and she wouldn't know what to do. Without much of a choice, the Sovereign passed the scalpel into Bas' hands, allowing him to do the same for Kodiak at his other side, then Wynn, Ares, Fenn, and Fabian - if they lasted that long. 

She hoped that once everyone was free, the blade would be passed back down to her, and she would cue everyone into attacking Riders leaving Atlantis the only one on the ground. 

"Hold on. I'm still waiting for my explanation." Rogue spoke up, looking to Sol as if she should know what he was talking about. "What are you doing in my labs?" 

Sol glanced back over at her people, trying to determine how far along the blade had got - or ig they had even managed to secure it yet. By the composure on Kodiak's face, and the lack of resistance he was now showing at her advancements to 'deliver the Heir', she felt justified to assume that he was in the process of being cut free. But that still meant that Wynn and Ares - who were next in line to realize the plan - had no idea what Sol was doing. They were fighting the idea that Sol was offering their sister over, even though they had nothing to tell them otherwise. 

"Nothing! We wanted to see if we could salvage some supplies after the virus you sent. That's all." Ares answered on Sol's behalf, shooting daggers at her - a look of betrayal burning bright in his eyes. 

Sol forced herself to look away, hating the fear she had to bestow upon them as she confessed the truth. 

"We pulled Elara out of Phase 4 before she could complete it, and we came to get the serum, because," she looked over at Wynn fleetingly, hoping he could still see right through her, "if we don't, then she'll die." 

"No.." Ares muttered, shaking his head in denial. 

Sol had exaggerated the truth for the sake of raising the stake for Rogue. Whilst she was fairly confident that Elara wasn't going to die without the serum, she knew that they did need it if they wanted the quickest and safest recovery for her - especially when it seemed like the whole world was trying to get her. 

But then something happened. A murmur that gave Sol the courage to continue, knowing that she would be forgiven for the temporary hurt she had to cause. 

"Ares..." Wynn muttered his brother's name softly. There was a intentional sadness in his voice - like he was aware that they still needed to convince Rogue of Sol's story, but that he hoped that his objection would force Ares into complying - because surely he would have to realise that something was up if Wynn wasn't protesting the trade of their sister. 

But even if Ares didn't get it yet, Sol did. She knew Wynn had the scalpel, and she knew that he was ignoring every wanring sign in his heart to trust that she knew what she was doing. 

"And I suppose that's your way of asking me to give you the serum?" Rogue asked, flabbergasted. "So you can go back and heal her, then hide her away from us once you get what you wanted out of all of this?" 

Sol shook her head, beginning to speak until Rogue cut her off, raising the gun back upwards as if to suddenly remind her of her place. 

"Targo began her process through The Alteration. I'm fairly sure that if there's anything going wrong with her, they'll be able to save her just fine. I don't care what state she's in, just as long as you give her to me." 

Sol looked over at Ares desperately, begging to know if they were finished cutting everyone free. He darted his eyes over to his left a few times, signaling to her that they were just waiting on him to finish cutting Fabian free, and then they would be ready to fight. If she could just stall Rogue for a few more moments... 

"Maybe you're right." She told the king. "But if you want her alive, then I think you should listen to me. Because I don't think Targo would be too happy to learn that their Heir is dead, and you let her die." Sol stepped forward slightly, allowing herself to walk into the gun, making a statement to Rogue that she knew she wasn't going to be the one to lose. 

With her new position, she could see all of her people without having to move to face them, and she watched as one by one, they all leaned slightly - taking the balde and passing it back to Dreea. 

"I think you're unclear about who's making the rules here, Sovereign." Rogue grinned, pulling the gun away from her forehead and holding it carelessly in between them. 

"I know who's making the rules." Sol replied, knowing it was now or never. "It's me." 

As the Sovereign spoke, she moved both her hands up; one grabbing onto Rogue's lower arm, the other onto the gun - pushing both in opposite directions, disarming him. 

On her move, Dreea leaped upwards, followed by the rest of the group, releasing their rage onto Blood Riders now they were free. 

One // Part Four
We stan badass female leaders.

Double update for ya! And really happy with this one!