Episode Two, Part 1:

S e r u m

Aeryn met the group at the gates, having spent the last 20 minutes pacing by the fences, waiting for their return.

Wynn smiled as he saw her, already on his way over, but his face dropped quickly as he realized that something was wrong. He grabbed onto Ares' arm, tugging him in his direction as the three of them reach each other.

"What is it?" Wynn's voice was low, already heavy with a deep fear that something had happened to Elara.

"I don't know. She was fine; she was up and talking to Quill, and she said she'd be ready to talk about what happened when you guys got back, but she fell asleep again, and the screaming came back."

Wynn looked to Ares, sharing a look of regret as they were about to hurry to the Sovereign's Quarters.

"Wait!" Aeryn held them back for a moment longer. "She's awake now," she informed them, "but whatever she's going through, she remembers all of it, and it's taking a toll on her." 

Wynn nodded. "What are you saying we do?" 

"Just be patient with her." Aeryn sighed. "I think she's having a hard time opening up about it. Quill could barely get much out of her, so don't let her see you get frustrated if we can't figure out what's happening." 

Both brothers exhaled. What Aeryn had revealed to them made them aware of how significant their situation was. But as they made their way to see their sister, they had no choice but to bury all their fear away. 

//// 

Elara felt, for the first time in days, a true sense of peace as Wynn and Ares walked into the room, and she knew she had all of her brothers around her. 

She hurried up from the bed, her body still weak and not prepared for her quick movements, and she stumbled, falling suddenly, only to be caught by Ares. 

He pulled her up a little, as she hadn't quite hit the ground, and Elara threw herself around him. It almost made all of the torment worth it for that moment: to feel her brother's embrace again. 

Elara pulled away, not catching sight of the smile on Ares' face, and searching for Wynn. He stepped into sight, arms already open before his sister even reached him. 

His hand held tightly against the back of her head, holding her close, waiting for all the sorrow to melt away. 

"How are you feeling?" Ares murmured, his hand resting on her back, and Wynn pulling away from her. 

Elara's heart sunk in her chest, realizing what it meant that they were here: she would have to confess about the visions and tell them all the awful things she had to do. 

"Okay." Was all she could say, too nervous to look up at either of them. 

Before Ares could speak again, the door behind them opened, and Sol, Kodiak and Fenn entered the room, looking around at her brothers to see if it was okay for them to be here. Without even so much an answer, Elara peered around Wynn, a little light returning to her eyes. 

"Kodi?"

The Sovereign looked up, not having realised that she was standing there, awake - until she said his name. As his eyes met hers, everything else seemed to drizzle away for one, perfect moment, and as quick as he was moving across the room, Elara was in his arms. 

With the girl's hands slung around his neck, Kodiak leaned back a little, pulling Elara slightly off the ground. 

"I'm so glad you're okay." He mumbled into her hair, setting her back on the ground, but not ready to let go.