Episode Seven, Part 4:

Your Heart Has a Secret

This is a place where I don't feel alone.

Elara woke up, feeling a hand shake her shoulder gently, pulling her out of sleep. She opened her eyes, disorientated for a moment until she saw Ares sitting on the edge of her bed, offering a warm smile her way. 

As she sat up, Elara glanced past her brother, seeing Wynn on the opposite side of the room having just woken up Quill. 

She looked back to Ares, knowingly. 

"It's time," he confirmed, stepping away to allow Elara to her feet. 

Wynn retreated to the bench near the door, where he had been sitting with Ares, and picked up two of the bags. He handed one to Quill and Elara, picking up the third and final one for himself. As Elara went to put it over her shoulder, Ares stopped her, telling her to wait a moment. 

She watched in anticipation as her brother headed to the bench, retrieving his navy-blue hoddie and handing it out to her. 

"What's this for?" Elara asked, unsure why he had given it to her. 

"Put it on," Ares instructed, holding her beg as she followed his bidding, untucking her read hair from inside. "It's so you don't look like yourself, or no one recognises you as easily, not that anyone will see you." 

She looked over at Wynn and Quill, wondering if his statement had made them just as worried as she was.  

"Ares-" She began, but her brother took her by surprise. He lifted the hood up, pulling it over her head, momentarily blinding her. When she pulled it down from her face, she could see him grinning playfully, trying to annoy her for old times sake. 

Quill was watching on, distracted from his worries for a moment, but Wynn couldn't bring himself to feel the same. Not when he knew he was going to have to do this without his brother. 

"See? If you can't see anyone, they can't see you," he joked, earning a swat away from his sister. 

"I don't think that's how it works," she rolled her eyes. 

Ares turned his attention over to Quill and the younger boy looked pleased as he stepped over to him, hopeful to hear what advice he had to offer. 

"You know what you have to do?" Ares asked. He rested his hand on Quill's shoulder, trying to ease him into assurance. 

Quill gulped. "Try not to get myself killed?" 

"Yeah, that's a start," Ares laughed. "Don't do that." Then, his voice softened. "Make sure you stay with them-" 

"I know," Quill cut him off somberly. "I'll be fine. Promise." 

Ares nodded, exhaling deeply for a second, then pulling his little brother in. As they held each other close, a knock on the door came to break them apart, both Sol and Kodiak appearing in the doorway. 

Quill sighed and stepped away from Ares, knowing that they would have to leave now. 

Kodiak walked over to Elara, his hand sliding around her back, nervous about letting her go. Not only was he a Sovereign, but he was also her boyfriend; there wasn't a single part of him that felt okay with her being without him, even it was only just for a day. 

With Kodiak there, Elara felt a little more ground to be able to ask her question, as if there was more of a chance that she would be backed up now that he was there, or realise that it was a good thing for her to have all of her brothers with her.