Episode Seven, Part 3:

Your Heart Has a Secret

Lay down a list of what is wrong. They're things you've told him 
all along. And pray to God he hears you. Pray to God he hears you. 

Ares sighed as he sat down across from Wynn on the opposite end of the bench. Both brothers had their backs leaning up against the wall behind them, their knees bent, and their feet just about meeting each other in the middle.

Ares looked over; there were two beds facing them, each pushed up against its own wall. On the left side, nearest the door, Elara was sound asleep. For another night, she was free of the visions and could rest when her head hit the pillow, but it was only a question as to when they would return. When her world would get dark again...

On the other side was Quill. Just like his sister, he was also asleep, preparing for the day ahead of them. He had a big responsibility waiting for him, and his fragile heart would have kept him up all night if he wasn't already so exhausted from the past few days.

Despite having to leave in the early hours of the morning, Wynn couldn't get himself to rest. He was wide awake, his heart racing with fear, and the only thing that seemed to offer him some relief was knowing that all three of his siblings were in the room with him.

"You okay?" Ares asked his brother, keeping his voice low so he didn't wake the others. He had been observing Wynn for a few moments, noticing that he wasn't himself.

Wynn's gaze had been drifting between Quill and Elara, but now he looked over at Ares, knowing that he wouldn't be able how he was feeling from him.

"Wynn..." Ares murmured when his brother didn't respond. He leaned up from the wall so he was sitting upright, resting his hand on his brother's knee.

"What if I can't keep them both safe?"

Ares turned his attention over to their younger siblings. He had the same worry about if the three of them would be okay, but he was the oldest; he couldn't let them see him afraid.

"You've got this," he said. "How many times have you saved us already? You're the best person to go with them."

"They'd be safer with you-"

"No," Ares shook his head. "You know your way around better than any of us and you can defend them better."

"But Targo... They'd do anything to get Elara. If something goes wrong, then everything's over."

"If something goes wrong, you have to pick yourself up and be there for them. I don't care if something's happening here, or with dad, or whoever: it doesn't matter. Just look after them." Ares told him. "You trust River, don't you?"

Wynn looked up at him again, nervous, trying to figure out if there was something hidden in his words. Nevertheless, he nodded.

"She won't let you down. I can see how much she cares about you. She's good for you, Wynn."

He smiled at his brothers words, but it didn't last long. Every feeling was fleeting except for the fear.

"And look, I'll always be here. Watching over the three of you like I am right now. For always," Ares smiled, recalling their sister's words from the other day on the rooftop. "There's nothing for you to worry about, okay? That's my job." 

Wynn smiled again, it lingering longer, and he glanced over at Elara as if to remind himself that she was still there. Ares continuing staring at his brother, determined to break him out of his shell again.