Chapter 1: Promise

"I never realized the Fire Nation had built so many colonies in the Earth Kingdom..." Avatar Aang mused as he inspected the map of the nations together with Earth King Kuei and Fire Lord Zuko.

Shortly after the coronation, they travelled back to Ba Sing Se to reinstate the Earth King as monarch and began the reconstruction of the stronghold.

The Earth King nodded and pushed his spectacles up the bridge of his nose. "Yes, for the people of the Earth Kingdom, they're a constant reminder of the war, like an old scar— Oh! I-I – Fire Lord Zuko, I meant nothing personal!"

"No, Earth King Kuei, You're right. After all the pain my father has caused, it's my duty to bring healing to the world." Zuko kept his golden eyes trained on the map, taking note of the Fire Nation colonies that dotted the Earth Kingdom borders. The war has come to an end and it was time to set things straight, and that means giving back what was taken by his nation. "I'll do whatever it takes."

"But removing the colonies won't be easy. A lot of people's lives are gonna be disrupted. We need someone to oversee everything to make sure it all goes peacefully. Someone like me!" Aang pointed proudly to himself, ready for the task.

"Really? You'd want to do that?"

"Yeah! I'm the Avatar! Making stuff go peacefully is kind of my thing!"

Kuei clasped his hands together. "Wonderful! The Avatar's personal involvement will give the entire process an air of hope!"

"Toph, Sokka and I can help!" Even Katara was optimistic about the plan.

"It'll be a movement... a movement towards harmony. We'll call it... we'll call it..."

Sokka came up with the perfect name. "The Harmony Restoration Movement!"

"Yes! The Harmony Restoration Movement! I like it!"

That evening, Earth King Kuei planned a celebration where he would announce the Harmony Restoration Movement

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

That evening, Earth King Kuei planned a celebration where he would announce the Harmony Restoration Movement. He took care of everything as a generous host and let the young ones off to enjoy the newly rehabilitated Ba Sing Se.

They decided to spend their time at the Jasmine Dragon, Uncle Iroh's famous tea shop in the upper ring. It was closed for the day, but the doors will always be open for Team Avatar.

A kind, old lady who introduced herself as Lady Quinta led them inside the tea shop and called for Iroh. He came out from the back room, carrying a tray of cups and a fresh brew of jasmine tea. "Right on time!"

Zuko relaxed from his 'Fire Lord stance', letting out a long sigh of relief and looking around the tea shop for someone in particular. "Where is she, uncle?"

"Ah, she's in the private room with Lady Reiko. They're getting ready for the celebration. Why don't you change into something more comfortable... and earthy?"

The Apprentice's Choice (an Avatar: The Last Airbender Fanfiction Zuko X OC)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें