Chapter 6: War for Yu Dao (Part 1)

"Greetings, Earth King Kuei!" Aang and Katara bowed their heads in front of the monarch who sat on his throne, petting his beloved bear, Bosco.

He perked up at once when he saw the pair, standing up to greet them with a big smile and open arms. "Avatar Aang! Katara of the Southern Water Tribe! It's been much too long! I heard you were in the Earth Kingdom dealing with the situation in Yu Dao. Thank you for all your help with the removal of that colony! The remaining few seem to be more difficult than—"

"That's why we are here, your Majesty." Katara interrupted him before the topic got out of hand. "We'd like to set up a meeting between you and Fire Lord Zuko. Yu Dao... is still... Yu Dao..."

"For now." Aang stressed, still not convinced by Zuko's arguments.

King Kuei's expression turned from joyous to pensive. "So then, the Fire Lord persists in denying the movement his support... He wants to keep the colonies..."

"Earth King Kuei, I'm on your side. The people of the Fire Nation don't belong in your kingdom. So the Harmony Restoration Movement has to continue! With a little convincing, I'm sure Fire Lord Zuko—"

"—has legitimate concerns about the colonials who still live here! We really need to sit down and talk through our options. Maybe there's something we missed!"

The Earth King looked between the opposing pair. For once, the fate of his kingdom rested on his shoulders, in his very hands. After the disaster with Long Feng and the Dai Li, it was only right that he took full responsibility. The Earth Kingdom needs him now more than ever.

With a deep breath, he made his decision.

"Fire Lord Zuko!" An armored soldier entered the throne room running and knelt before the throne

"Fire Lord Zuko!" An armored soldier entered the throne room running and knelt before the throne. "A message has arrived from the spies you sent to the Earth Kingdom!"

Zuko nodded. "Proceed, General Mak."

"Your suspicions are confirmed! The Earth King's army now marches towards Yu Dao!"

The shock was still there, but a part of him already suspected and accepted this turn of this events. "Father... you were right."

"Gather your men and the imperial firebenders, General! Load the tanks into the warships! Have the fleet ready by sunrise!" Zuko clenched his fists, his golden eyes burning with determination. "We're going to war."