Chapter 25: The Invitation

Just to be safe, let me put the first (of many) warnings on this chapter. As I am not fully sure and aware on all of the subjects that I should look out for, I figured that I would broaden my scope and include this. Furthermore, I promise that I would educate myself on this matter so as to better deliver the story, and not cause any unintentional discomfort to the readers.

This chapter will possibly include manipulation, coercion, threats, implied desire, hints at abuse, hints at prostitution, cursing.

-TheGreatestConWoman-

The crisis regarding the Kemurikage, as well as the restlessness of the people, finally died down after a week of silence and rehabilitation

The crisis regarding the Kemurikage, as well as the restlessness of the people, finally died down after a week of silence and rehabilitation. The city gates were reopened and the ban on travel was lifted. The houses and establishments ruined during the protests and riots of the Safe Nation Society were restored, affected people were reimbursed. All was well, except for one.

The Fire Lord has not left the palace ever since he addressed his people and made his promise.

Most folks were worried, thinking that Fire Lord Zuko had fallen ill after the crisis. Others were still doubtful, still hung up on his perceived inexperience in leading the Fire Nation.

But all talk of the Fire Lord's inactivity was put aside when a much-anticipated event was finally revealed to the public, the coming-of-age ceremony of an apprentice entertainer.

Not just any apprentice, but the late Royal Noble Concubine's student, Chiyo.

A well-known artist was commissioned to make the publication materials of the event. The portrait he drew perfectly captured the girl's delicate, flawless features; giving emphasis to her eyes and lips, promoting her most enticing attributes.

Posters of her were put up around the Capital, in the plaza, on message boards and inns. The Salinja Troupe spared no expense, going as far as sending envoys to the Earth Kingdom and the Water Tribes about the ceremony.

The day after that marks the first step of the ceremony, the invitation to patrons.

Chiyo stared at her reflection in the mirror as the two aides dressed her for this supposed joyous occasion. Today would be the first time she would be stepping out of the troupe quarters in weeks.

She felt like she had been there for an eternity.

"I-I brought you s-some tea..." A weak voice spoke from outside her private room. An aide opened the door and the child walked in. The young girl was thin and shaking terribly as she held the wooden tray and set it on a table.

Chiyo sent the aides away. Once they were gone, Chiyo knelt on the floor so that she could see the child eye-to-eye. "You're shaking... Have you eaten?"