Chapter 26: Chiyo Alone

I chickened out of posting this earlier, hence the late upload. Sorry. In parallel with the Zuko Alone episode from the series, this chapter portrays Chiyo's perspective and journey after she went back to the Salinja troupe quarters.

Again, I'd like to issue a warning for this chapter, same as the previous ones with the addition of abuse towards minors, racism, non-consensual voyeurism, and sexual coercion.

If you feel uncomfortable with these topics, please skip this chapter. As this is a crucial chapter, however, (some questions about to be answered), I'll type up a summary at the end.

-TheGreatestConWoman-

"Now I'm sure you know that your debut is looming around the corner

"Now I'm sure you know that your debut is looming around the corner." I watched as Lady Vira took a long hit from her pipe and parted her lips slightly, letting the smoke crawl out like a snake awakened from its den.

"Yes." I answered truthfully, vaguely aware of the intense look she gave me.

"And I'm sure you know that this is what your mentor has planned for you all along, ever since you were a little girl in our troupe... right?"

"Yes."

She chuckled and set her pipe down on the table, her eyes not leaving mine. "Then this means you have decided to become an entertainer, just like your Lady Suiren... right?"

I briefly wondered why she was asking me these questions. I wondered why she sounded as if she was prying something out of me. Nonetheless, I answered, this time warily. "Y-yes..."

"Good."

In mere seconds, I was held up by two women by both my arms and together, they struck the back of my shoulder blades.

Panic overwhelmed me as I lost the ability to move my body from the neck down. This panic rendered me speechless as one of the women loosened the ties that held my clothes. Unable to tear away from them, I watched as they removed every article of clothing from my body and threw it on the floor.

It wasn't until I was stripped bare of everything that I regained my bearings to speak. "W-what are you doing?!"

"It's just a simple routine check, Chiyo! Nothing to be scared of!" She smiled nonchalantly, but as I looked at her, it was the first time I realized how twisted and perverse her smile truly was.

She stood before me, eyeing my body with sharp, hawk-eyes. I could feel her gaze burning its way through my skin. It was as if she was looking for something on me that even I did not know. My frustration manifested itself into tears, as I silently plead her to stop.

Then suddenly, her hand reached out to touch the vulnerable spot between my numb legs. "W-wha—"

Lady Vira broke out into a sadistic smile before she answered my unspoken question. "Of course we have to see if your maidenhood is still intact! How else can we go through the coming-of-age ceremony if you have already...done the deed with the dear Fire Lord?"