Chapter 27: The Festival of Szeto

I wanna clarify a few points because I admit that it can be quite confusing.

(1) An entertainer is different from being a concubine. Here's how:

Entertainer: From the title itself, is a woman (or man) who "entertains" in every sense of the word. They are singers, dancers, artists, musicians, etc. that are trained from being an apprentice until they become masters (full-fledged entertainers). They are usually the lowest class in society, however, they hold a degree of power over certain matters like the arts and social interaction (even with nobles) as they are regarded as experts.

Concubine: By definition is a woman (or man) who lives and sleeps with a person (usually a high-ranking official or a well-off noble), but they have a lower status than that person, and that person's legal or official spouse.

Bottomline: Not all entertainers are concubines, and not all concubines are entertainers.

It just so happened that Lady Suiren (the only concubine in the story so far) was an entertainer first before former Fire Lord Ozai (kinda) fell in love with her (or something idk).

(2) The previous chapter (Chapter 26: Chiyo Alone) was only a flashback. So, this chapter happens directly after Chapter 25: The Invitation.

I'm sorry this is taking WAY too long—

Sokka: Ya think?

Author-nim: Do you want your own love story or NOT?

Sokka: ...

-TheGreatestConWoman-

            One of the most highly revered occasions in the Fire Nation is the Festival of Szeto, the Avatar before Yangchen

One of the most highly revered occasions in the Fire Nation is the Festival of Szeto, the Avatar before Yangchen. Before he was born into the Avatar Cycle, the Fire Nation suffered several plagues and natural disasters, causing unrest with its citizens, escalating into disputes between the nobles of major clans.

Szeto, despite being hailed as the Avatar, chose to work as a junior minister for Fire Lord Yosor, advancing through the ranks through his achievements in improving the Fire Nation's economy. Finally, after being appointed as grand advisor to Fire Lord Yosor, the citizens of the Fire Nation entered an era of peace among the major clans, and prosperity for all.

This festival in honor of Avatar Szeto is held not only to give thanks for peace, but also to showcase the prosperity the Fire Nation has maintained throughout the years.

Bright lanterns were hung on every street of the Capital, illuminating the rows upon rows of plentiful harvest from every Fire Nation town brought in by barges from the dock. Joyous music can be heard from the plaza where a band of entertainers regaled everyone with folk dances, songs, and tales about Avatar Szeto.