Prologue

First came the heavens, the glistening white abyss of clouds that overlooked the barren land.

Then came the six primaries: Life, Death, Earth, Ocean, Weather, and Chaos.

"We should use our power to take care of the weak and help them to be strong" Life had said, and used his magic to scatter humans and animals across the barren land.

"All good things must come to an end, but that does not mean they are truly over" Death had replied, taking the soul of a sick woman to ease her suffering.

"They will thrive in the rhythm of the ground they walk on" Earth said, dragging mountains into peaks and dusting jungles, forests, and valleys across the land.

"And give them the ability to fly without wings" Ocean agreed, watching as the humans swam in the lakes she had dug for them.

"Teach them about the power of solitary and togetherness through change" Weather added, striking down a storm upon the land to feed the starving crops.

Chaos was quiet, watching as the people grew and died, existed and expanded. He smiled.

"There is a difference between surviving and living" he said making the eyes of the others turn to him. "They must know true fear to have true happiness, and must know chaos to truly know joy"

I hope you enjoyed the prologue! Chapter 1 is already up so check that out