Chapter. 20

It's already been two weeks since I started training with Master Splinter. He agreed on training me ealier, but he's not going full out yet. And I've got to tell you, I'm loving it.

Not that he's hitting me until I manage to fight back, like Arya Stark and that crazy chick from GOT - my parents love it, so I often hear the episodes, though I get confused easily.

More like... He's helping me enhance my senses and reflexes. After all, the muscle is faster than the eye, or at least that's what he says.

Right now I'm trying to dodge his moves. The guys are out on patrol so I can focus more, besides it's their job to keep the city as safe as possible.

Anyways, I'm really focused. I paid attention to any step, breath or movement I could listen to.

And to make things harder, Master Splinter took his shoes off. And as a rat, his steps are a whole lot more silent, so it's harder for me to know where he is.

The sound of the water slide doesn't help that much either, but I manage to work it out. Mainly since he's been training me to use any sound as a radar. So I think the louder, the better.

That's why when he jumped over me and tried to hit my face, I managed to dodge and got my fist really close to his face, but he held it.

"Yame!" He said.

I pulled back and bowed.

"You get getting better and better in an amazing speed, Valentina. Soon enough you'll be able to beat down anyone."

I smiled. "Thank you, Sensei."

After dismissing me, I managed to get to where I left my stuff with a little help of Zeus.

Then, I grabbed my recorder and my earphones. Once I had them on, I started listening to today's class again.

I keep listening until I hear loud voices, making take off my earphones.

"Leo! Come on, dude! It was an accident!" Mikey said.

"But Raph's temper really put ourselves in danger, Mikey. Mainly when there were so many hostages." Donnie said.

I frown. I hear Leo going to his room, and Raph scoffing before going to where the punching bags are. And since I'm on the way, I just swing my cane in front of him making him stop on his tracks.

"What did you do?" I asked.

He didn't even answer before he pushed my cane away and went back to walking.

I let out a sigh before going to Leo's room.

When I got there, I could hear him pacing back and forth, almost stomping.

"Leo?" I asked softly.

The stomping stopped. Then, I hear a sigh.

"Sorry, Val. I forgot you were supposed to train with Master Splinter tonight. Let me take you home." He said as he grabbed my hand.

I knew from his tone of voice something was wrong. But I decided not to say anything.

After a while, we reached my home, he greeted my parents, and as he was about to leave, I managed to get his attention.

"Actually, could you stay for a little while longer? I want to talk with you, Leo." I said.

He let out a sigh. "Fine."

After getting something to eat - an apple, really - me and Leo headed to my room, Zeus with us.

When we got there, I sat on the bed and asked him to sit by my side. After he did that, I started talking.